Hold Me

2003 [Fluff/Light Angst]

"Y/N?"

"Can I... sleep with you?"

Stevie stood beneath the doorway, dressed in a black chiffon nightgown. It must've been around 2:30 a.m.

"What?" Your drowsiness confuses you, trying to make out her figure in the pitch darkness.

She said nothing in response. She instead gets into the bed with you and holds your figure close to hers, which was sufficient to wake you up a little.

"This is okay, right?"

"Yeah, this is fine." You reassure.

"Is everything okay?"

Stevie didn't give you a direct answer at first.

"Yeah... I just, didn't want to be alone."

"Nightmare?"

"No- nothing like that." There was a slight change in her voice and you noticed it.

"Is it about today?"

Stevie nodded and now you understood completely.

"I thought me and Lindsey would, y'know- get along better. The things he said today, I-" incoming tears began to flow down her face, preventing her from speaking.

"Oh, Steph." You gently pulled her closer and consoled her with light kisses applied to her golden locks.

"W-What am I doing wrong?" The pain in her voice was enough to tear your heart into pieces.

"Steph, you did nothing wrong." You held her face in the palms of your hands, brushing the tears away from her obscure orbs.

"Deep down in my heart- you have done absolutely nothing wrong to deserve this." You bind your forehead againsts hers as an indication of comfort.

"I... Believe you." She smiled and gently pecks you on the lips before cuddling onto you.

"Goodnight." She tiredly murmurs, her soft snores filled the silence as sleep finally overcomes her.

You layed there, stunned, wondering if that kiss was real or not. You looked down at her and mesmerize her angelic presence. You dragged your fingertips across your lips and tried to let that little moment sink in. It just felt so surreal to you.

That moment was definitely the start of something between you and Stevie.