14

jisung got away from the crowd on the field and immediately dialed jeongin's number.

it was about 11:00 pm and their school would be leaving in the morning, so he had to come up with something about why they couldn't leave with them.

in about a minute, jeongin picked up the phone.

"hey ji! where are y'all it's lat-

"you need to tell the administrators that me and minho have family here."

"uhh, okay? why?"

after a while, he decided that the administrators probably wouldn't care if they stayed with "family" in gyeongbokgung.

  "i- i don't really know what to do. something terrible happened a-and people are missing and-

"ji, just calm down! what happened?"

jisung took a deep breath before explaining what was going on.

jeongin also became concerned for minho as he learned about what he had said in the call.

"please let them know that we will be staying here. and if you have to, just tell chan about who i am, that way he will trust me. he'll believe you."

"okay i will. please be safe."

jisung then hung up the phone. he was panicking, but he didn't even want to show it to himself. i will find minho. i'll save everyone.

he began to think of what minho said. a laboratory? since when is there a laboratory near by?

of course a secret laboratory wouldn't be out in the open. he thought for a minute about where it could be, when he realized he could trace the phone call.

after he had became a well known hero, jisung had learned to do it so that it would tell you the calls general location, and right now, that was enough for him.

it took a while, but eventually he got through the system and found out that minho was near sogyeokdong, which was the city next to the gyeongbokgung palace are.

how did he get all the way over there? who took them? he began to worry the something had happened to him.

without thinking he swung on top of a near by structure, and used the roofs to head north. he used his webs to swing between long distances of the buildings, to cover more ground.

it didn't take long before jisung reached sogyeokdong. though, it had gotten really dark. luckily, with his suit, he could see better than his usual eyesight.

in this city, the buildings were taller, and looked more busy. it was a lot bigger of a place.

jisung worried that it would make it harder to find all the missing people. minho, please hold on. i'm going to find you.

he ran near each building, looking inside to see if it was anything that could be some sort of laboratory.

almost on hour went by, and he had no luck. he was even more anxious remembering the worried expressions the families had, worried about their missing person. he had to find them, no matter what.

there was barely anymore buildings to check, but he wasn't going to stop.

but that's when he saw the building with 9 floors. it seemed to stand out from the rest.

he looked through the closed glass doors only to see an empty lobby.

jisung sighed as he began to walk to the other side of the building. but suddenly, he got a feeling. he couldn't explain what it was, but he knew it wasn't right. he decided to look around.

he ended up finding a door near the end of the wall. what is this? it wasn't wooden like the other doors in the front, it was metal. he wanted to check inside, but the door wouldn't budge.

through his complexed thoughts, his feeling kept getting stronger.

i'm coming minho. i'm coming to save you all.

he took a few steps back and ran at the door, full force.

*"BANG"*

he only managed to dent the door. he shook his head and again, took steps back and ran at the door.

*"BANG"*

almost there.

the door wasn't hanging on by much, so he knew he was close. he took a deep breath to prepare him for what might be inside.

you got this jisung. he though to himself before backing up one last time.

he ran at the door once more, and managed to get the door off the hedge. but of course it wasn't this easy.

because as soon as he got the door down, he was blown backwards with something hot, along with smoke.

______________

update!!
i'm pretty sure sogyeokdong is a real place, but i'm not sure exactly where, so for the sake of this ff, pretend it's near where the gyeongbokgung palace is 😂

hope everyone is doing well!!
i never expected this book to be anywhere near the amount of reads as it is rn, so thank y'all sm!!
comments and votes are always appreciated!!
-✌️

TYSM FOR 2K READS 🩷🩷