30

minho pushed through the door, walking into the room. he felt his breath catch as he saw jisung still in an unconscious state.

slowly walking towards him, minho couldn't help but look at the various tubes attached to him.

a small part of him felt like crying upon seeing him like this, but he knew that he should stay strong as jisung was going to be okay.

but remembering how lifeless jisung looked just hours ago, caused his stomach to churn. what if it had been worse? he felt sick to his stomach imaging other things that could of been the result of what had happened.

minho took a seat on the small chair next to the bed and grabbed jisung's hand, which was usually full of warmth, but it felt cold in his own.

he glanced at jisung's face, eyes closed with a tired, soft expression.

i should have hurried to him, then maybe he wouldn't have gotten hurt.

though deep down minho knew that probably nothing would have changed, he still felt as if it was more of his fault.

minho's mind went back to when he was taken to the lab. he was terrified of what they would do, but jisung got there before anything went completely their way.

yes, minho was indeed different now, but he wasn't harmed, nothing bad actually happened.

but here he was, sitting in front of jisung, whom he couldn't protect.

maybe my training wasn't enough yet. i should've trained harder.

the thoughts made his mood drop, farther then it already has. but he couldn't let any tears come now, he needed to hold it together.

this sight of jisung in this state made minho realize more of how much he loved him. his lips tilted into a slight smile rembering what jisung had said a few months ago.

"love doesn't know time." he whispered under his breath. and indeed jisung was right. love didn't know time at all. it only took a week for the boys to be pulled together. and it had lasted for months so far.

minho put his hand up to cup jisung's cheek and caressed it with his thumb.

"thank you for being strong." he said quietly admiring his beautifully sculpted face.

he didn't intend on looking away, until he felt his own eyes threatening to shut. he hadn't realized how exhausted he was after his first day actually being kraken.

still holding his hand, his leaned forward and rested his head on the edge of the bed.

his original plan was just to rest, but the drowsiness eventually took over, causing him to close his eyes, with the relief of knowing jisung was safe next to him.

**

jisung's eyes began to flutter open as he adjusted to the light above him.

he glanced around the room with confusion on his face.

where am i? certainly, he was not familiar with his surroundings. he shut his eyes again trying to remember any instances from before hand.

the city.

jisung opened his eyes and started to remember all of the fire that surrounded the buildings.

he then thought about minho.

is he okay? where is he now?

he tried to push off the bed to sit up but was met with a surprising pain from his side.