20

are those scales?

there wasn't any time to take a second look. suddenly, jisung was hit in the back of the head with something heavy.

after the impact, he quickly turned around, ignoring the pain.

seeing the pipe he was hit with on the floor, he kicked it far away so that no one would use it.

one of the scientists then came at him with a syringe, of who knows what, so jisung had to act quickly. he shot webs around it, and pulled it towards him, quickly throwing it to the side, leaving the man clueless on what to do.

he knew he had to get minho out quick. did he really have scales? did i see that right? his heart was racing, imagining what could of happened to him.

taking a deep breath, he thought of a plan. i'll just do the same thing as before.

he started to shoot his webs at the workers, who were trying to get minho back, and stop spiderman from taking their 'subject' away from them.

but somehow, one of them got ahold of minho, and harshly tried to drag him away.

this drew the line for jisung. in a second, he was able to use his webs to grab the pole he was hit with before, and threw it in his direction.

it was a perfect hit. one end hit the male's face, which sent him to the ground.

jisung then saw more people gathering, so he decided they needed to get out.

he quickly scooped minho into his arms and shot his webs at the celling, making him go up, away from the scientists.

he headed to the stairway, quickly reaching it, and opened the door to the first floor.

it was crazy to him how the ground floor looked like a regular warehouse, but the basement was actually a huge labatory. who knows how long this had been going on for?

as he expected, there were many armed officers outside, waiting for spiderman if he needed assistance.

as much as he trusted the officers, he didn't know what they would do if they saw minho's skin, so he decided to take him somewhere by himself. "i'll take him, please take care of the scientist inside." he said to the main officer.

"on your command." he replied, before signaling the others into the building.

jisung got on top of one of the building beside the warehouse, and ran from one to another, aiming to get farther away.

once he could no longer see the building clearly, he got on a roof that had a chimney like structure, and hid behind it, because it was starting to get lighter outside.

he slowly set minho down and looked at his stomach again. they were still there.

the scales.

jisung got up and turned around, quickly putting his regular clothes back on, and threw his suit to the side.

"minho?" he said softly, fear in his voice as he looked at him, still knocked out. jisung then lightly cupped his face and rubbed his thumbs along his cheeks.

"please wake up min." he felt more and more guilt as he looked at him. "i'm sorry i got there so late." jisung's eyes began to glossen as tears threatened to drop.

what am i supposed to do? he took his hands away and put them through his own hair. i'm so sorry minho. this is all my fault.

not knowing what to do, he flipped minho's shirt up again, and looked at the scales along his side.

he put his hand onto them, feeling the rough texture.

"no please stop!"

minho suddenly shouted as he shot up and opened his eyes. without knowing what he was doing, he attempted to shove jisung away, not noticing who he was.

and somehow it worked, flinging jisung across the ground.

minho's eyes went wide as he saw what he just did.
"j-jisung?"

how.. how is he so strong? jisung thought to himself as he looked at him across the roof.

he quickly snapped out of it as he remembered minho was awake. "are you okay?" jisung asked while standing up.

minho looked around and nodded. he looked at jisung, standing awkwardly. "are you?"

even thought jisung was obviously in some pain, he brushed it off. "of course." he walked over to minho and sat next to him. "i'm so sorry min."

minho quickly shook his head. "no don't be sorry, you saved me."

but did i? "what.. what did they do to you?" jisung said quietly, eyeing minho's side.

minho saw jisung's eyes focused on his body and was confused. he quickly looked down and lifted up his shirt. "w-what? what are these?" he began to panick as he looked at the greenish scales on his side.

jisung was scared as well, but needed to stay calm for minho. he began to put pieces together.  scales and sudden strength. what could they mean?

"do you feel different?" jisung asked quietly. "you were quite strong when you shoved me."

minho quickly turned to him. "yeah i do. i feel.. stronger?" he looked at his hands and squeezed them into a fist.

"did they say anything about what they were trying to do? you know, when you were captured?" jisung asked, not trying to sound pushy, but he needed to know what was going on.

suddenly the conversation came back to him. "they said they were turning me into something. i think a mutant." minho looked up at jisung. "do you remember the lizard attack a few years ago? he said i would become that, but worse. but i guess it didn't quite work."

jisung then dropped his sincere expression. the lizard attack? the one where... where i let beomgyu die?

minho could tell jisung had gotten upset. he no longer looked like he was a strong, brave hero. he looked more.. sad, and scared.

"jisung? what's wrong?"

all he could do was look at minho. i thought i got over this? why.. why do i feel like this?

he felt like his surroundings suddenly closed in on him.

beomgyu. they were the same people who did that to him. they wanted to turn minho into the same monster.

__________

update!!
i feel so bad for lix :(
if anyone has his bbl please send him some nice things <3
love u all
- ✌️