29

when the two arrived upstairs, they looked around the hall, expecting to see a nervous minho. but they didn't see him anywhere they looked.

"what room did he say jisung was in?" jeongin asked softly, feeling the need to whisper.

chan glanced at the last message minho had sent him, which was only '309' with no context.

"309. which way is that?" chan looked at the sign on the wall which had an arrow going left for smaller room numbers.

the two walked down the hall until they got to the door next to the window.

"this is it." jeongin said slowly. he didn't want to peek through the small window. what would he see?

chan lightly grabbed jeongin's hand and guided him to the bench near the door. when he sat down, he expected jeongin to do the same, but he didn't budge. "innie, come sit."

"chan..." his voice was quiet and his head slowly turned to him.

"hm?" chan looked up at jeongin with soft eyes and glanced over to where jeongin was staring.

down the hall, against the wall, was someone bent down with their head in their hands.

"is that minho?" jeongin asked, taking a step forward.

chan stood up and walked toward the person with jeongin's hand still wrapped in his own.

when he reached the person he stood in front to get look at them.

through his fingers he could see minho's tear stained face and his mouth open as his nose was now too stuffed up to breath through.

"minho." chan said quietly to him on the floor.

he didn't get a response, just a sniffle or two.

"minho." he said again, this time bending down next to him.

minho looked up at chan with puffy red eyes. when he saw the concerned look on chan's face, his eyes filled with more tears.

"c-chan." he puffed out.

jeongin also bent down and put his hand on minho's shoulder.

"i-i was so scared, he looked so l-lifeless a-and-   "

"it's okay." chan said as he pulled minho into a hug. "just let it out. he'll be okay."

minho closed his eyes and silently let his tears fall.

it was going to be a long wait.

**

"how did it happen?"

jeongin asked quietly breaking the awkward silence the three boys had sat in for the past couple hours.

minho took a deep breath and didn't answer for a few seconds. "i don't know." he looked up at jeongin's face. "i wasn't even there when he got hurt. i was too busy being happy over saving some people that i didn't even realize something had happened to him."

"it's not your fault, minho. sometimes you can't help it, accidents happen." chan said putting his hand on his friend's back.

"but i-i feel like it is. maybe if i had finished quicker i could of came and helped him or somethin-  "

just then the door to 309 opened cutting minho off, and his father walked out with a tired expression on his face.

minho quickly stood up on shaky legs with his eyes wide. "h-how is he? is he a-alive?"

minho's father took a look at minho and nodded his head. "he pulled through, but the wound itself was very deep. the nerve bundle might cause a lot of pain."

he then sighed as he rubbed his temples. "he's extremely lucky as the wound easily could of been fatal." he walked over to his son and put his hand on his shoulder. "he'll make a full recovery, but i can't stress enough the importance of not moving about or doing too much."

minho let out a sigh of relief before hugging his father. "thank you dad, thank you so much."

his father was still confused about all of this, but accepted the hug and decided to just be there for his son.

minho pulled back from his father's grasp. "can i please see him?"

his dad glanced at the door and spoke, "he is still unconscious, and will be for a while, but you can see him if you'd like."

minho nodded and quickly went to the door and pushed it open, leaving his father and his friends behind.

"did you all know about this?" his father asked looking at chan and jeongin standing behind him.

jeongin looked at chan not sure of what to say. chan let out a soft "mm hm."

nodding, his father crossed his arms. "so, my son is.." he paused for a moment. "kraken? the new hero?"

"he is." chan said, a little nervous on what he would say next.

his father took in another breath and nodded his head. "so, how did this even happen?" he was unsure but he then thought of the day minho came home from being missing after the game. "was it from the lab?"

the two boys nodded. "ji- i mean spiderman said that he got injected with something and it didn't work but gave him super abili-  "

"HE WAS INJECTED?" his father yelled a little to loudly.

chan put his finger to his mouth and came closer. "yes, but he's fine, it's okay."

his father took a deep breath and bowed his head a little. "i'm sorry, i shouldn't have yelled. thank you for telling me."

"of course." chan said quietly going back to jeongin's side.

he was about done with the questions until he thought of something. "wait, can i ask you both one more thing?"

the two boys nodded their heads.

"what relationship does my son have with the boy? with spiderman i mean. it isn't just partnership, is it?"

chan didn't want to speak for minho, because what would he say? would minho want to tell his father? would he be accepted? he didn't know.

"you can tell me." his father said quietly.

"well, they're not just partners." jeongin said. "he's really special to him."

minho's father nodded and looked towards the door. "what's the boy's family like?"

chan looked at jeongin to answer as he had known him for a lot longer. "it's just him and his aunt. she works at a pharmacy in the city. she's really sweet." he replied.

jeongin saw how minho's father still had a questionable expression on his face so he decided to say more. "he's a really great person. his name is jisung and he's minho's age."

he was going to talk about him more, but his father put up his hand. "i'm sure he's amazing if my son was that eager to save him. i'll let him tell me about him."

on minho's fathers face, was a warm smile, which he hadn't had in a long time.

_________________

so i haven't updated in like a year 😭
but omg school is getting to me istgg

but i hope you all are doing well!!
the end of this ff is right around the corner :((
i hope u luvs have enjoyed reading it 💗

"why is love so contradicting?"
✌️