The Chamber Of Secrets

LANA'S POV :

The school year was coming to a close in a week , our exams got over today , while everyone were whispering excitedly about the end of exam , I couldn't help but feel dreadful.

THE SCHOOL YEAR WAS COMING TO A CLOSE AND I STILL HADN'T TAKEN CARE OF THE  BASILISK !

During night time when everyone was sleeping, i quietly snuck out of my dormitory and made my way to the girls bathroom on the seventh floor.

I didn't want to kill the basilisk but there was no other way , if i would have set it free it would terrorise the entire school.

During our sixth year, Hermione and I, search through stacks of books but couldn't find a way to stop the basilisk, without killing it.

I had never disclosed it but I also wrote a letter to the renowned magi zoologist Newton Scamander for a solution , but he couldn't give a solution  either. 

I looked around to make sure Myrtle wasn't around , if the girl caught me sneaking in she'll create a big blunder.

I walked up to the entrance and hissed out $$ open $$

It opened and I jumped into the tunnel 

It was dark everywhere so I whispered " Lumos "

I slowly walked to the entrance and hissed 

$$ Open $$

It allowed me in 

If only I had the sword of Gryffindor things would have been easy and to my biggest surprise the sword appeared in my palm 

" huh ? "

My last visit to the chambers to say the least wasn't memorable , Ginny ( Veronica's younger sister ) , was lured into the chamber of secrets by none other than a diary Tom .

When the news reached us 

Veronica, Fred , George , and Percy had given up hope of finding Ginny but if she knows a way to get her out of the situation, she should try at least ! 

With that notion she had entered the Chamber, realized Tom Riddle was only Voldemort, destroyed the diary and indirectly destroyed his hocrux , and got bitten by the basilisk.

The basilisk Venom had spread through out her body and with very little life left in her body she dragged Ginny out of the Chamber and collapsed on the bathroom floor , just as she thought this was it , Fawkes came and healed her wounds with it's tears , saving her life.

Ginny woke up and she took her to the hospital wing, only she  knew what went down in the chamber.

I was snapped back to the present with a comotion , i took a deep  breath , alrighty !

A few minutes later , the basilisk was lying on the floor , I collected it's Venom in a small jar with an unbreakable charm casted on it and took one of it's fangs !

I gave it one last sorrowful look and left the chamber

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the day we were leaving for our homes , I went down to the kitchens and visited Sparrow , she along with the other elves working in the kitchens gave me a bag full of snacks.

I thanked them and promised to visit them after the break and just like Sparrow they all teared up and gave me a big hug .

After getting down on the platform , I spotted Mom running upto her parents and giving them a big hug , It felt so good to see her so happy and joyful .

Dad was immediately scooped into a hug by his mother , my heat filled with warmth . I'll make sure this smile never fades from their face.

I gave them one last time and left the station , summoning the knight bus and going to leaky cauldron!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------