Nail Pierced Hands: chapter 40

Nail Pierced Hands

“ .   .   .  behold my hands; .  .  . And be not faithless but believing.” 

John 20:27

A  Christian  young  man  was  once  escorted  through  a  locomotive  factory.  At  the  end of  the  interesting  tour  he  thanked  the  guide  for  all  he  had  done.  As  he  shook  his  hand,  he  found  it  was  one  of t hose  limp  flabby  ones  -  relaxed  and  open  and seemingly  unresponsive  to  his  grip.  This  surprised  him,  for  otherwise  he  seemed  such a  forceful,  dynamic  person.  Aware  of  his  feelings  and  a  bit  embarrassed,  the  host explained,  “Young  man,  you  must  excuse  my  hand.  When  I  was  an  apprentice  I  met with  accident,  and  a  nail  was  driven  completely  through  it.  I  have  never  been  able to  close  it  since!”  The  Christian  was  immediately  sympathetic  and  said,  “Your  hand reminds  me  of  One  who  nearly  two  thousand  years  ago  left  the  glories  of  heaven and  came  down  to  live  on  this  earth.  While  here,  He  went  about  doing  good,  but men  took  Him  up  to  a  hill,  placed  Him  on  a  cross,  and  drove  nails  through  His hands.  There  Christ  died  for  our  sins  that  we  might  have  God’s  forgiveness.  Since then,  He  too  has  never  been  able  to  close  His  hands!  In  grace  they  are  stretched forth  to  a  needy  world.  His  scarred  palms  are  the  badge  of  His  finished  work  of redemption.  Those  who   received  Him  by  faith  shall  never  perish  but  have  eternal life.”

None  who  come  to  the  Saviour  will  be  refused.  His  hands  are  ever  open  to  welcome  the  penitent.

- anonymous

O  the  wounded  hands  of  Jesus,

Bearing  nail  scars  for  men’s  sins.

Still  extend  salvation’s  blessings

Where  true  penitence  begins.

- anonymous