Faith

Faith

"Through faith we understand." Hebrews 11:3

One young man said, "I cannot accept Christ, for I have never seen Him. With me 'seeing is believing!'"

Seeing is not believing at all. Seeing is knowing! You dont have to "believe" that which you can prove. Faith on the other hand, is simply taking God at His Word even though you cannot verify what He says with your feeble, human senses. Faith begins were reason ends! As long as we can understand a thing, see it, taste it, handle it, we do not need faith to believe it. When we have reached the limit of logic, reason, and understanding it is then we can rise up on the wings of faith and find that "faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of thing nor seen" (Heb. 11:1).

A preacher was asserting his faith in Christ, when a psychiatrist, an avowed infidel, challenged him and said to him, "How do you know there is, or ever was, a Christ? Have you ever seen Him?" "No!" "Have you ever tasted Him?" "No!" "Have you ever smelled Him?" "No!" He then asked, "Have you ever felt Him?" And the answer was, "Yes!" To the question: "What does He feel like?" the answer was, "Only those who have felt Him could understand." "Aha," said the Doctor, "four of the five senses: Taste, smell, hearing, and sight, tell you nothing and the fifth, feeling, you cant explain." The preacher then said, "You are a doctor and deal with pain. Did you ever see a pain?" "No!" "Taste pain?" "No!" "Smell pain?" "No!" "Did you ever hear a pain?" "No!" "Feel one?" "Yes, I have!" "What does it feel like?" "Well, ah, ah, it, it, well you've got to experience it to understand it." "Yes, and so it is with salvation. To all others it iss foolishness!"

Skeptics all may doubt He liveth,                                                                                                                         Yet, in me, He deigns to dwell.                                                                                                                             In my heart I feel His presence                                                                                                                            'Tis a joy no tongue can tell.

- anonymous