Prologue 1: Manado's Beginning

Pain, Guilt, Sadness, and Despair. All these emotions are what a young Manado Chujin is feeling right now as he has felt for years as he is sitting in the corner of the prison cell he was thrown into. All he can think about is that faithful day that led to him being trapped here. He was just an ordinary 6 year old child in the realm of Outworld, living with his parents, Ren and Delia Chujin, a couple that were originally citizens from a realm called Osh-Tekk before it was conquered and merged into Outworld by Shao Kahn, the emperor of Outworld. Those that survived were forced to become a part of Outworld's diverse population, Ren and Delia being part of them. Manado was born after the invasion but his parents helped fill him in on the life an Osh-Tekk lives. When Manado turned 6 however, everything changed. Shao Kahn ordered one of his minions, a sorcerer by the name of Shang Tsung to collect a select group of people that no one will miss and turn them into more of his minions and unfortunately, the Chujins became Shang Tsung's target. The sorcerer broke into the Chuijin home and though Ren and Delia did their best, Shang Tsung killed the both of them and their souls became a part of his collection, much to his delight. Shang Tsung then turned his head and noticed the young Manado has witnessed what has transpired. With a devish thought in mind and a smirk plastered on his face, Shang Tsung took the child to the flesh pits and began to conduct various experiments on the child. And that was Manado's life for the next half dozen years. Although he stayed strong, Manado knew there wasn't any hope of him escaping the endless cycle of torture and experimentation.

Just as that thought crossed his mind, Manado heard footsteps coming from the staircase, thinking Shang Tsung was returning to continue the experiments. But then a voice calls out that he didn't recognize.

"What in the name of..." The voice says in shock.

Manado turns his head to see a woman wearing a blue two piece dress looking around the flesh pits. The woman stood at a height of 5'9' with brown eyes and flowing black hair. As soon as Manado's eyes registered the appearance of the woman, he knew who it was. It was Shao Kahn's daughter, Princess Kitana. Although he never met her in person, all of Outworld knows about the Princess and what she looks like. For Manado, maybe this could be the opportunity to finally escape the flesh pits, so he came up with an idea.

"Princess!" Manado calls out.

Kitana appeared to have heard him since she took a fighting stance as she slowly looked around, awaiting potential danger.

"Who's there? Show yourself." Kitana demands.

"Over here!" Manado calls out.

Kitana hesitantly heads in Manado's direction until she reaches the prison cell where she the young child, beaten and battered.

"By the gods, what is a child doing in a place like this?" Kitana asks.

"The sorcerer kidnapped me and locked me in here. Can you please let me out?" Manado asks.

"Now why would I do that? For all I know, you could be a threat." Kitana replies.

"Please your highness, I can't stand the torture anymore! I can't stand the horrible experiments! Why couldn't he just kill me like he did with mom and dad?" Manado says as he is on the verge to cry.

Kitana becomes surprised by the revelation.

"He... what?" Kitana asks.

"Shang Tsung killed my parents and took me here and it's been bad. Please! I can't take it anymore." Manado says before he begins to silently sob with his face in his hands.