Chapter 8: The Temple of Argus: Manado Chujin

Manado can be seen walking through a dense forest with Ashrah and Sareena close behind him. Eventually, they reach a clearing and stop.

"I'm starting to think the General sent us on a wild goose chase. I mean, how do we even know the temple even exists?" Manado asks.

"Trust when I say that if it did not exist, Mileena and Kotal wouldn't have sent us here in the first place." Ashrah assures.

"Or my future self." Manado says.

Hearing the mention of Manado's future self, Ashrah and Sareena lower their heads down in sorrow. Manado notices.

"Sorry I brought up that topic." Manado says.

"It's alright, Manado. No one could've predicted what happened that night." Ashrah assures.

"And we still don't know what truly conspired that led to his disappearance." Sareena says.

"Maybe one day, you'll learn the full truth." Manado says.

"Maybe." Ashrah says.

The three then continue moving through the forest.

"Manado. I just want to let you know that we truly do care for you. Us, Mileena, even Nitara. You can imagine how devastated we were when you disappeared." Ashrah says.

"Yeah, I guess I can imagine." Manado says.

The three then climb up a hill and as they reach the top, they look off in the distance and find a large structure. Despite it being very worn down with many holes with missing parts, it still stood tall.

"There it is." Ashrah says.

"The Temple of Argus." Manado says.

"Inside resides the resting place of Blaze, the fire elemental." Sareena says.

"Let's do this." Manado says before he, Ashrah, and Sareena venture down the mountain.

About an hour passes before Manado, Ashrah and Sareena reach the base of the temple. Suddenly, a voice catches their attention.

"You sure this is the place?" The voice asks.

The three quickly hide behind some trees and as the look, they notice two men standing at the entrance of the temple.

"I can guarantee it, brother. Father sent us here, and he's never been wrong about locations, Taven." The man known as Daegon says.

"I know Daegon. I just feel unsure about all this." Taven says.

"And that uncertainty will get you killed. Remember bother, this is what father prophesied. Defeating the elemental... is our destiny." Daegon says.

"Understood." Taven says.

Unknown to them, Manado can be seen glaring at the two.

"Taven and Daegon? Aren't they Argus' sons?" Manado asks.

"Yes. They must be here for Blaze." Sareena says.

"We cannot let that happen." Ashrah says.

"Agreed." Manado says before moving from the tree.

As Taven and Daegon begin their descent into the temple, Manado jumps over them and kicks them away from the entrance. The two quickly rise to their feet.

"Here I thought you dead. No matter, you are no match for the sons of Argus." Daegon says.

"Then it's a good thing I brought some friends." Manado says.

Taven and Daegon turn to see Ashrah with glowing Angel-like wings flying above them. Using her Kriss, she summons hundreds of magic spears glowing the same color as her wings towards the two brothers. The two then summon swords and begins the defend themselves against the spears. With them distracted, Sareena takes the opportunity and kicks the two brothers in the back, knocking them down to the ground. Ashrah then ceases her magic and lands beside Sareena and Manado, who all assume fighting stances and Taven and Daegon rise to their feet.