Chapter 11: The Shaolin Monks: Liu Kang and Kung Lao

Manado, Liu Kang and Kung Lao make their way to the Tower. No one is present.

"I hope your girlfriend is worth Lord Raiden's anger, Manado." Kung Lao says.

"Notice that i'm ignoring you." Manado says.

They look around the Tower, but still find no one.

"Hmm... They must have relocated Kitana." Liu Kang suggests.

Just then, Sheeva opens the door to the Tower on one side. On the other side, a ninja who looks like a dark wraith opens them on the other side.

"We have indeed. We knew someone would come for her." Noob Saibot says.

Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Manado nod to each other. While Manado begin fighting with Sheeva, Kung Lao and Liu Kang face down Noob Saibot.

"May you join her in death!" Noob Saibot says.

They then fight. The wraith is unlike anything Kung Lao and Liu Kang have faced before, with his ability to conjure both dark magic and shadow clones of himself to fight with. Nonetheless, the monk's fighting abilities and mastery of the Shaolin arts sees them through the fight, and eventually they leave the wraith down on the floor.

"Be thankful we choose not to spill your tainted blood." Liu Kang says.

As Noob struggles to remain conscious, Kung Lao notices something about him.

"Who are you? There is something familiar..." Kung Lao says.

Behind him, Kung Lao and Liu Kang notice Manado is still fighting Sheeva.

"Do you need help? Four arms against two is hardly a fair fight for any of you." Kung Lao asks.

"Liu Kang?!" Goro asks in anger.

Kung Lao and Liu Kang then turns around to see Goro. The Shokan roars and gets into a fighting stance. Kung Lao goes to help against Sheeva as Liu Kang stands against Goro once again.

"You will fare no better here than your lair, Shokan." Liu Kang says.

They then fight. Although a different environment in the tower compared to the cavelike lair, Liu Kang stays true to his word and the battles ends the same, with Goro knocked down to the ground.

"Once again, I am victorious." Liu Kang says.

Kung Lao lands in Liu Kang's hands after being sent flying by Sheeva who continues her onslaught against Manado. Goro then begins to rise again as Liu Kang turns to fight Sheeva, leaving Kung Lao to face Goro.

"You will not defeat me, Liu Kang!" Goro roars.

"You have had your match against Liu Kang. Now you will face me!" Kung Lao says.

They then fight. Goro proves just as much of a challenge to Kung Lao as he was to Liu Kang, but the Shokan's overconfidence allows Kung Lao an edge that Liu Kang didn't have. After a fierce battle, the Shaolin monk eventually defeats the former champion of Mortal Kombat.

"Now, if you have any honour left... you will tell us where Kitana is!" Kung Lao demands.

By now, Liu Kang and Manado have defeated Sheeva and are also standing over Goro.

"She has been taken to the Coliseum, where she has no doubt been executed." Goro says.

"You lie!" Manado yells as he stomps on Goro's face, knocking him out.

"She may yet live. Let us go." Kung Lao says as the three fighters then leave the Tower.

Back at the Coliseum, Ermac punches Johnny Cage across the face twice. Johnny tries a kick, but Ermac grabs his leg and smashes his elbow onto Johnny's knee, dislocating it. Ermac lays him out with a palm strike, leaving him writhing in pain on the ground.