Chapter 20: A Desperate Rescue: Zaveer Chujin

In a dungeon in Outworld, two Shokan soldiers can be seen standing guard in front of a group of cells. Inside the cells contain those who have survived the massacre at the shore of the sea of blood. Inside one of the cell, Younger Johnny, Younger Sonya, Cassie Cage, and Zaveer Chujin can be seen sitting admits the small space they have, contemplating on what to do now.

"We have to find a way out of here." Zaveer says.

"And then what? Get our asses kicked by Mr. Stock Villian yet again?" Younger Johnny says.

"Nows not the time for jokes, ninety's dad." Cassie says.

"I don't think he's joking, Cass." Younger Sonya points out.

Cass and Zaveer look and see the downcast look younger Johnny has on his face. The two grow worried as this is unusual for Johnny to be like this.

"It's my fault we got captured. Had I taken the fight seriously, we wouldn't be here." Younger Johnny says.

"Johnny. None of this is your fault. We all have been outmatched in the fight. It's not just you." Zaveer points out.

"I know that. But still... I can't help but feel I could've done something differently." Younger Johnny says.

"We all wish that things could've been different." Zaveer says.

Cassie looks at Zaveer, puzzled by the statement.

"Don't tell your still blaming yourself." Cassie says.

"How can I not? My grievance broke both you and Jacqui's heart. If I haven't just walked away..." Zaveer says.

He then gets cut off from Cassie embracing him in a tight hug, catching him by surprise.

"Hate to break the moment, but when did all this happen?" Younger Johnny asks.

Cassie releases the hug and looks towards the younger version of her father.

"Its a long story." Cassie says.

"Well, I don't see us leaving and saving the universe with our might anytime soon, so I think we have all the time to hear when and how the two of you have been together." Younger Johnny says.

Zaveer and Cassie look towards each other, nodding their heads before looking back.

"It all started when my father had me join the team Johnny... your future self set up. There was Cassie, Jacqui, Takeda, and Kung Jin. All of them were chosen to be a part of this team by their respective factions. I was a different story. My dad wanted to be with them to escape the hardships that were happening in Outworld." Zaveer says.

"Why would he have you leave your own home?" Younger Sonya asks.

"In that time, my mother Mileena was still loyal to Shao Kahn and was locked up. Fearing that a rebellion would erupt, my dad took me to Johnny to be recruited into the team. And that's when the initiation began.

7 years ago

A special forces base can be seen, several guards patrolling the grounds. In the midst of them, Manado, without his burns and in his older attire, and Zaveer walking through the grounds. They eventually reach a tent and inside are Johnny, Cassie, Jacqui, Takeda, and Kung Jin. Johnny notices them and approaches.

"Manado. Glad you could make it." Johnny says.

"Likewise, Johnny." Manado says.

Johnny then looks towards Zaveer.

"And I assume this is the Mini Chujin?" Johnny asks.

"Zaveer. Yes. (Looks towards Zaveer) Zaveer, this is Johnny Cage. He's a old friend of mine." Manado intoduces.