Chapter 8: The Shirai Ryu Telepath: Takeda Takahashi

At the refugee camp, Manado and Zaveer can be seen surrounding a large table alongside Johnny Cage, General Blade and Jax.

"Alright, let me see if I understand you correctly. Your telling me that Kotal Kahn violated the Reiko Accords and took my daughter and her team prisoner?" Johnny asks.

"That about sums it up." Manado replies.

"We need to get them back." Jax urges.

"Jax, in our current position, we won't be able. Kotal Kahn will his entire army by the portal ready to take down any and all threats." Sonya points out.

"My daughter is with them Sonya! You expect me to just stand by and leave her there?!" Jax asks angrily.

"We won't just stand by. I'll get them." Zaveer assures.

"Zaveer, what you are suggesting is too much of a risk." Manado says.

"Dad, I'm the only one who can do this. Jax and the special forces are going to be going after Quan Chi. And we don't have anyone else available. I need to do this. Please." Zaveer says.

Manado says nothing but looks towards the trio to back them up but neither of them have any words to say. Manado takes a deep breath and looks Zaveer dead in the eye.

"If you are certain about this, you'll need to be prepared." Manado says.

He then takes his blue gem and places it in Zaveer's hand.

"Use this to travel in and out of Outworld. It will be your only way to travel to the realm safely. From there, you need to pinpoint their location." Manado explains.

Sonya then walks up towards the two of them.

"I have a tracker locating Cassie's communicator. Use it to find their location." Sonya says.

Zaveer nods his head in determination. He then turns his head and with the blue gem, opens a portal to Outworld. Before he could walk forwards, Jax puts a robotic hand on his shoulder, causing him to look towards him.

"Bring her home." Jax urges.

Zaveer shows a soft smile.

"I promise." Zaveer assures.

Jax then releases his grip on Zaveer's shoulder and he then walks through the portal, determined to complete his mission.

In Outworld, in what appears to be a brig on the lower decks of a docked ship, Team S.F. can be seen inside holding cells. Jacqui examines her cell, looking for a way out. Cassie tries forcing the door of her cell open to no success. Kung Jin meditates. Takeda sits on the bench in his cell, one hand on his temple.

"So what'chu guys think? They gonna kill us?" Jacqui asks.

"They would've done it by now." Takeda says.

"Unless Kotal Kahn's planning on having us as "guests'' at the Koliseum." Kung Jin suggests.

Cassie rattles the bars on the cell door, to no avail. She sighs in frustration.

"Well, if they don't kill us, my mother will. Me, at least." Cassie says.

"Tough being the general's daughter?" Takeda asks.

"You have no idea." Cassie sighs.

"I do. My great-whatever grandfather took down Shang Tsung. Saved Earthrealm. How often do you think that comes up at family gatherings?" Kung Jin says.

"That was six hundred years ago." Cassie informs.

"And yet you'd think it happened yesterday." Kung Jin says.