Chapter 17: A Kahn's Fall: Mileena

In Outworld, the Kahn's temple can be seen being guarded by a few dozen Osh Tekk warriors. Ever since his defeat by the Lin Kuei, Kotal Kahn has been busy with rebuilding his army, which now leaves him vulnerable.

On the rooftop of a building near the temple, Manado, Zaveer, and the now vampirized Mileena can be seen surveying the challenge ahead of them.

"It would seem Kotal amped up the security around the temple." Zaveer points out.

"Looks like we'll have to change the plan a little." Manado says.

"What do you suggest?" Mileena asks.

Manado says nothing but smirks as an idea comes to mind.

Inside the temple, Kotal Kahn can be seen in a small room standing in front a large table. Around the table stands Erron Black, Ermac, and Reptile.

"Ever since the Lin Kuei pushed us back into Outworld, our forces have been placed in a critical state. We must repair the damages as quickly as we can." Kotal Kahn explains.

"If I may step in, our resources are very limited. We simply don't have enough for the job." Erron Black points out.

"Then we must find the resources so we can rebuild." Kotal Kahn says.

Suddenly, a loud screech gains their attention. The four immediately looks through the large window in the room and see a large army of Camazotz heading towards the temple. Inside their arms, it can be seen that every Camazotz are carrying Abaddons. Kotal Kahn's face then shows him glaring.

"Sent out the archers." Kotal Kahn says.

Moments pass before an army of soldiers wielding bows armed with arrows stand on the rooftop of temple. Among the Camazotz, Manado can be seen in his Nightmare form standing in front of them, looking down at the archers aiming their arrows at them.

"Fire!" Nightmare orders.

Immediately afterwards, the Abaddons shoot out Red fireballs at the archers. The archers take notice and manage to roll away from the fireballs and fire their arrows at the demons. The arrows merely bounce off the shadow demon while Nightmare merely catches an arrow and snaps it in his hands. He then looks at his army.

"Drop the Abaddons! We're going in!" Manado orders.

The Camazotz release their grip on the Abaddons before dissipating. The Abaddons begins to skydive towards the temple with Nightmare alongside them. Kotal Kahn takes notice.

"Bring out all the ground forces you can. We are at war." Kotal Kahn orders.

"By this point, some of the Abaddons reached the rooftop and attack the archers while the rest alongside Nightmare reach the ground and attack the guards. One of the guards tries to strike Nightmare but he merely blasts with his magic. Another guard charges towards and swings his sword down, only to have it go right through his body. Nightmare looks at the soldier and grabs his head, crushing it in his hands. As he drops the guards head, he turns to see Erron Black pointing his revolvers at him.

"Go ahead. Take your best shot." Nightmare says.

Erron Black then fires a bullet straight at Nightmare's head, but the bullet goes right through his head and hits one the guards in the chest. Erron Black is shocked to see his guns are ineffective as Nightmare merely looks at him, wagging his finger from side to side in a mocking tone.

Erron then decides to charge, only for Mileena to kick him away, causing him to roll to the ground. Erron Black looks up to see Mileena.

"Well well well. It looks the construct remains alive. I like the new look." Erron Black says.