Chapter 6: Truths Revealed: Jade

In Outworld, inside a beautiful temple garden, Luscious plants surround the walls, while patches of mildew adorn the marble steps. A waterfall flows into a nearby fountain, and standing on the steps are Raiden, Mileena, Jade, and General Kotal.

"Tarkatans, not loyal to Empress Mileena, have also returned." General Kotal informs.

"Shao Kahn will seek them out. He relies on their power." Raiden says.

"Kotal's scouts tracked a Tarkatan war party to the Kytinn's Lost Hive, D'Vorah's ancestral home. Her hand in Shao Kahn's escape makes that our starting point." Mileena explains.

"Please advise me of what you learn. I must consult with the Elder Gods." Raiden says before he lifts his hand into the air and teleports away with a flash of lightning.

As Raiden exits, Kitana and Manado walk down the steps of the temple.

"When do we leave?" Kitana asks.

"Your duty lies elsewhere, Princess. We need you to enlist Queen Sheeva. Her support is critical, against both Kronika and Shao Kahn." General Kotal explains.

Kitana seems none too happy at being ordered around.

"Surely you can–" Kitana says before being cut off.

"--Queen Sheeva does not trust us. No Shokan has since Kotal's bloody battle with Goro." Mileena informs.

"Sheeva's always respected your opinion more than anyone's. When she hears you support Kotal and Mileena, she'll join us." Jade says.

Kitana narrows her eyes at her friend's words, but seemingly takes the advice in. She then turns to Mileena.

"If that is my duty, so be it." Kitana says.

"Thank you, Sister." Mileena says.

"And what of me?" Manado asks.

"You are required to complete an important task." General Kotal says.

Mileena then goes wide-eyed.

"General, we are not sending him to do that." Mileena says.

"Our circumstances leaves us with no choice." General Kotal points out.

"You'll be sending him to his death! We cannot allow that!" Mileena says.

"I'm sorry but what are you talking about?" Manado asks.

"Don't worry about it, Manado." Mileena says.

"This is something he has to do, Mileena." General Kotal says.

Mileena growls in annoyance.

"Give us a moment. (Turns to Kotal) Follow me." Mileena says.

Mileena and Kotal then walk off to a separate section of the temple, out of earshot from the Kitana, Jade, and Manado, much to their confusion.

"What was that about?" Manado asks.

"I don't know. Whatever it is, Mileena seemed to be very agitated about it." Kitana says.

"What I don't get is how she and a lot of the others have been acting towards me." Manado points out.

"What do you mean by that?" Jade asks.

"Even since we arrived here, Mileena and my supposed  son have been acting strangely, almost like their being overprotective of me." Manado points out.

"Now that you mention it, others have been acting the same way as well." Jade says.

"Tanya, Li Mei, Nitara, even the demons. All have been acting the exact same way." Kitana says.