Chapter 5 The Tournament: Manado Chujin and Liu Kang

Back in Shang Tsung's throne room, several masked guards are escorting a new warrior, covered in a mask of cloth and red clothing.

"Kombatants! I present this latest creation of Shao Kahn. He is many warriors, their souls fused into one being. Behold... Ermac!" Shang Tsung announces.

Ermac then assumes a fighting kata. He glows with green energy, makes a magic light crackle before him and the air around him into ripples. Johnny Cage is once again impressed. Kano just snickers under his breath.

"Be wary, you two. He is unlike anything you have fought before." Raiden warns.

Liu Kang and Manado then steps up to face Ermac.

"Liu Kang! You and Raiden's champion are the sole Earthrealm warriors to progress to this final stage of the tournament! Which one of you is worthy to face Ermac?" Shang Tsung asks.

Liu Kang turns towards Manado.

"I'll handle this." Liu Kang says.

Manado nods before backing up. Liu Kang then assumes a fighting stance.

"I am ready." Liu Kang says.

"We are many. You are one. We will destroy you." Ermac says.

They then fight. Ermac's telekinetic powers and control over magic would be an even match for several kombatants, but Liu Kang is no ordinary warrior. After an intense battle, his fighting skill overcomes the mystical warrior.

"Earthrealm will not fall into your master's hands." Liu Kang says.

Ermac rises again, ready to face Liu Kang again when Manado steps forward.

"Time to teach this construct some humility." Manado says, causing Liu Kang to stay back.

"No one, not even you, can defeat us. We will have your soul." Ermac says.

They then fight. Manado finds himself in a tough fight against Ermac'a power but like with Liu Kang, Manado pushes through and finally knocks Ermac unconscious.

"Shao Kahn will never conquer Earthrealm!" Manado announces.

With the fight finally over, the kombatants take their leave. Kitana walks over to Shang Tsung, who is seething with rage.

"They are a greater threat than anticipated. I will ensure they do not reach the final challenge." Kitana assures.

Shang Tsung nods his approval and Kitana departs after Liu Kang and Manado.

Later in the forest, Manado is practicing a kata with Raiden watching.

"Remember your teachings Manado. For my vision to be realised, you must not let emotion overpower you." Raiden says.

"I do gotta wonder though. Your visions. What causes them?" Manado asks.

"My future self sent them to me. Perhaps to ensure some outcome." Raiden replies.

"Or perhaps to prevent one." Manado suggests.

Raiden then gasps again. Another vision appears in his mind, this time of future Raiden.

"He must win!" Future Raiden says before the vision disappears.

"What is it?" Manado asks.

""He must win". Those are my last words before I die. I believe it is you who must win." Raiden says.

He then takes his amulet off his chest.

"This amulet was forged by the Elder Gods. It cracked here in the present after my first vision. If we choose wisely, the future will be secured and the cracks healed." Raiden explains as he places the amulet back on.