Chapter 11: Blood For Blood: Scorpion

At the refugee camp in Earthrealm, Quan Chi, now in handcuffs and chains, is being escorted by Kenshi and Johnny Cage. They drag him into an open shipping container.

"Sit." Kenshi says as Quan Chi is forced down on a chair.

Two soldiers then cuff his legs together in chains as well.

"I'm guessing it's not your first time in cuffs. What's your safeword?" Johnny asks.

Quan Chi gives Johnny a death glare in response. Smiling to himself, Johnny exits the container, followed by Kenshi and the soldiers. The doors are slammed shut. The moment they are, a slight smirk comes to his face. Outside of the container, Sonya is speaking to some soldiers.

"Advise Secretary Blake that Quan Chi is in custody. We'll be moving him to the supermax facility at Fort Charles within the hour." Sonya asks.

Johnny and Kenshi then walk up to Sonya.

"Yes ma'am." One of the soldiers say before the soldiers walks off.

As Johnny and Kenshi approach, Sonya turns to face them.

"You two stand guard. Prisoner transfer will be here in twenty." Sonya informs.

"Oh, NOW she trusts me to babysit." Johnny says sarcastically.

Outside of narrowing her eyes at Johnny, Sonya doesn't respond to the bait. She instead puts her communicator to her ear.

"Cage, report." Sonya asks.

Cassie's voice can be heard on the other line.

"We haven't caught up to D'Vorah. We had her tracked to the Makeba Cliffs, but then her trail went cold." Cassie informs.

"Damn." Sonya says.

Somewhere behind some shipping containers, unseen to the soldiers or refugees, several ninjas creep in and hide behind some crates.

"Jacqui thinks D'Vorah's unique physiology may allow us to pinpoint her location. She's retooling her smart-comm to track D'Vorah's pheromones." Cassie explains to Sonya.

The lead ninja holds one hand in the air as he crouches down. His subordinates stop and take cover by him.

"How long?" Sonya asks.

"On my command only. Wound. Do not kill." Hanzo orders.

"She has to write the code. We're looking at... two hours?" Cassie says.

"Sergeant, your team doesn't have two hours. We need her found immediately!" Sonya says.

"Sonya!" Johnny snaps.

She then turns to look at him. He tilts his head and nods angrily. Sonya sighs and takes a moment to calm down before she resumes talking.

"Cassie, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but there isn't time. Bring your team back here, we need to re-group and re-deploy." Sonya orders.

"Yes ma'am." Cassie says before Sonya hangs up.

"They're doing their best." Johnny explains.

"I know." Sonya replies.

Kenshi looks into the middle distance and, despite his blindness, notices someone approaching.

"General. We have a visitor." Kenshi informs.

Sonya and Johnny turn to see Hanzo Hasashi approaching them in full ninja garb.

"You two are friends, right? He tell you he was coming?" Sonya asks.