4 ೃ⁀➷

four
‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

"Someone's up early today." Your manager commented as soon as you walked inside the bakery, welcomed by the smell of delicious baked goods.

"Yeah, yeah." You rolled your eyes as you walked towards the back of the shop and into the locker room. There, you set your bag down in your locker before grabbing the beige apron and putting it on.

"Y/N, I'm going to go ahead and deliver an order to a customer. Take care of the shop for me." Your manager shouted from the front.

"You got it!" You shouted back with a smile.

As the day dragged on, the bakery only got more and more busy as you tried to serve each and every customer. Until your eyes landed on a certain man who made your heart skip a beat.

And as if he felt you looking at him, he turned his head in your direction and caught you staring at him. The thin line that was his lips then turned into a smirked expression when he saw you blushing, but neither of you broke eye contact.

That was until your view was blocked by a brown-eyed man with black hair, dressed in a blue suit.

Despite your desire to continue looking at the scarred man with blue eyes, you decided to get back to work. Well, it wasn't like you had a choice, as you and your manager were the only ones working for the day.

"Is that all for you today?" You asked the customer as you worked the machine in front of you.

"Yeah," the customer nodded.

"Thank you, and come again." You smiled at the man as you handed him a bag with the baked goods he just bought.

As soon as the customer left, you were greeted by the scarred man with glowing blue eyes, which made your heart skip a beat. You could feel the butterflies dancing in your stomach as you drowned in those ocean eyes.

"You know, if I were someone else, I would call the cops on you for staring this long." The man smirked as he watched your face redden from embarrassment.

"I uh—you just look nice today." You came up with an excuse as you bit your bottom lip and looked away, cursing yourself out in your mind.

"I can say the same to you." He commented, making your already blushing face blush a brighter red.

"T-thank you." You stuttered, trying to calm your unsteady heartbeat.

That following night, you were lying on your bed as you stared at the ceiling in front of you. You couldn't seem to fall asleep that night, not after that encounter with Dabi earlier today. You couldn't seem to get him out of your mind, and it made you scared.

For the first time in forever, your heart was beating for someone else. The butterflies inside your stomach were dancing for that someone. Your heart was now longing to see him again, even if it was for a second. Even though it felt good to know you were finally falling for someone else, you couldn't help but feel anxious.

You barely knew the man, yet he had you thinking about him like this. For that reason, you were afraid of falling harder than you should have.

Ring Ring Ring

Your thoughts were interrupted by the sound of your phone ringing as it vibrated against the wooden desk next to your bed.

"Yes, mom?" You answered the phone.

"Hello sweetie, how have you been?"

"I've been good, everything has been going well for me. What about you and dad?" You asked over the phone as you lay back on the bed.