9 ೃ⁀➷

nine
‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

That was when your memory of Dabi came to mind as you wiped your tears and grabbed your phone. Without much thought, you clicked on the number under the contact name "𝘙𝘶𝘯𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘯𝘦𝘳."

𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶.

As the phone continued to ring, you were about to lose hope, as you thought he was probably joking about the number he saved on your phone. However, those thoughts disappeared as soon as you heard the familiar voice over the phone.

"Hello?"

"D-dabi?" You swallowed the lump in your throat.

"Are you well? Why does your voice sound so unhappy?" Dabi asked as soon as he heard your trembling voice, which broke his heart. His brows scrunched as he tried to think of what could have made you so upset.

"No, I'm okay." You faked a smile, though you knew he wouldn't be able to see it.

"Don't lie to me. Tell me what's wrong, would you? I'm worried that my neighbor isn't well."

Although you didn't know him for long, you were glad that you were able to create a bond with him. It made you slightly happier to know he was worried about you. At least you had someone this time.

"Dabi," you called out to him from over the phone as your tired eyes began to dry of tears. "Would it be selfish of me to say, I want to runaway from this place at this hour of the night?"

"You're such an idiot." You heard him chuckle before saying, "Where should I come to pick you up?"

A wave of relief flooded your anxious mind when you heard him ask you the question. You were glad that you'd met such a wonderful person.

"I'm..." You paused for moment as you tried to think of where he would be right now. "I'm in Tokyo right now." You said, hoping it wouldn't be a problem for him to drive extra miles to get to you.

"What a coincidence. I'm also in Tokyo as of right now."

"That's a relief to hear." You mentioned it before adding. "Can we meet in front of Yoyogi Park?" You suggested it, not wanting him to come by your parents residence as you didn't want to spend another second here.

"Of course, anything for my favorite neighbor."

Just like that, after you hung up, you went straight to your vanity mirror and looked at your reflection. It was a mess, from your hair to your face. Your mascara was a mess, smudging black product all over your eyes. You quickly grabbed your makeup remover and wiped off the makeup.

You then took off the dress in green and changed into a more comfortable outfit. You put on a pair of black denim jeans and paired them with a light blue hoodie. Putting your hair up in a messy bun before gathering your belongings.

You grabbed your bag and phone before making your way outside your room and downstairs. From there, you could see your parents standing up immediately when they saw you. Still hurt from their betrayal, you didn't acknowledge their presence. Instead, you put on your shoes, and just when you were about to open the door, they spoke.

"Where do you think you're going?!"

"Away from here." You answered, still not looking at them.

"You think going back is going to make a difference?"

"I don't care. Just stop talking to me."

"There's a meeting in a week to discuss your wedding that's happening next month. If you aren't present there, I'm going to force my people to drag you there."