12 ೃ⁀➷

twelve
‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

You were in the car, sitting in the passenger seat, as Dabi drove the both of you back to Yokohama. As he promised, you were able to run away from society for a while, but your mind still rested heavily on the events of that night.

You were already loathing your fiancé after that little interaction from that event. No matter how well he presents himself in the future, that won't change anything. Moreover, you were still upset that he decided your future for you. One that was supposed to be filled with goodness and happiness, but now all you can see is sadness and torture.

You never thought that the future you were excitedly waiting for would now be planned out by those you trusted.

The drive back was quiet and peaceful, like it always was with him. The silence wasn't awkward or uncomfortable, at least not to you.

As you were passing through the mountainous regions, you were able to enjoy the scenery better this time as the sun was up. Until now, you never realized how beautiful the landscape was. The way the sun radiated its light through every crack of the woods was magical. It didn't look as bushy and scary as it did when you were first on this road that night.

"Are you well?" Dabi asked, turning to look at you when he stopped at a red light. His eyes were filled with worries and confusion, and it made him wonder, what was going through your mind?

Were you unhappy with him? Did he do something wrong and was not aware of it? Was this trip not good enough for you? His mind was filled with questions he couldn't answer, and it made him upset. Mainly, he was more angry at himself for not being able to give you closure or comfort.

"I'm fine," you answered, looking straight ahead.

"Are you sure? Your face says otherwise," he pointed out, and it only made you frown even more.

Although he was a good man, you hated how observant he was, as he was able to see through you like a piece of glass. He was able to read you like a book, and it made you anxious.

"I'm fine. I really am," you replied back, and knowing him, you knew he wasn't going to ask further, which he didn't.

The silence soon returned as you got lost in your thoughts. Your chest feels as heavy as ever when you think about the words you were going to tell Dabi. It made you realize how selfish it would be of you, but it was for the best, right? For both yours and his future, right?

Eventually, you both reached the apartment complex where you were living. Still, you didn't say a word to him. You were afraid it would prevent you from telling him what you wanted to. That is, until you finally turned your back on him to face your door.

"Dabi," you softly called out to him, your shoulders dropping as your gaze fell onto the floor. You took a deep breath to gather up the courage to tell him what you'd been preparing to say.

"Yes?" Dabi asked, his voice was so gentle yet rough, alluring you in, but you knew it was wrong. Though, you weren't facing him, you could feel his gaze on your back, piercing through you, and you knew he knew you weren't well.

"I want to tell you something, so please listen," you said as guilt began building up inside of you. Your chest tightened as your breath became slow. It was silent, as Dabi didn't say anything, and so you took it as his response; he was waiting for you to continue.

"Before I say anything, I wanted to let you know that I am grateful for what you did. I really am, and I couldn't have asked for more. So please..." You paused as your chest tightened and tears threatened to fall, causing the ground you were looking down at to become blurred.