23 ೃ⁀➷

twenty three
‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

In the blasting music and flashing lights, Dabi sat at a reserved table in the corner of the second floor. Unlike many people who came here for fun, he was here for a mission, and to make sure he did well, he wore a fancy hat to cover up some of his facial features.

Amid all the gambling, dancing, and drinking, his cold and cerulean eyes were focused intently on a certain man in the crowd. A man who wore a smirk everywhere he went—a man who owned a majority of the underground business with many law enforcement workers working under him.

It was Kai.

The man Dabi hated with his entire being.

The disgusted look never left his face as he observed Kai's every move. Despite wanting to kill him now and for all, Dabi refrained himself for the sake of busting Kai in one blow. Moreover, this club was one of Kai's many territories, and starting a fight in the enemy's territory didn't sound like a good idea.

Just as Dabi turned his head in search of his coworkers sitting at a different table, his eyes widened, and his breath caught in his throat. A figure so unmistakably familiar walked past him as his brows furrowed and his chest tightened.

It was you.

What are you doing here? Why did you come here, of all places? Dabi's inner voice screamed in frustration as his heart pounded against his chest. Frustration and anger were coursing through his veins as he should've known you'd choose to go to a club to get back at him.

"Hey, Dabi, isn't that your—" Mr. Compress began, but Dabi quickly cut off his words. "Shut up," he growled, his voice laced with irritation as he couldn't bear to get distracted. His eyes were set on your figure as he watched your every step.

Every instinct in Dabi was telling him to confront you, to grab you by the arm and drag you away from this chaotic place. But he couldn't. He had a job and mission to fulfill and couldn't afford to ruin the plan.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Hinata..." You managed to say her name as you turned to your side, looking at her with wide eyes and a stunned expression. "Do you know him?" You managed to ask, your words laced with unease as an anxious feeling arose in your stomach. However, instead of answering your question, Hinata remained silent as she fixed her gaze ahead, refusing to acknowledge your question.

It was peculiar—the both of you were on the second floor, far from the blasting sounds of the dance floor, yet Hinata remained silent as if she didn't hear you at all. Immediately, you started to feel as if something was off about her as she dragged you towards the VIP table.

Just when you've reached the table, Kai, who was sitting at the end of the table, stood up and began walking towards you. Without a doubt, your heart started pounding in your chest out of fear as your breath grew heavier.

At that moment, Hinata abruptly dropped your arm that she had been holding, causing you to turn towards her. Guilt was etched across her face as she looked at you apologetically before walking away and disappearing into the crowd.

"Wait..." You wanted to chase after Hinata and ask her the questions crowding your mind when a firm grip around your wrist stopped you. A gasp escaped your lips, and your eyes widened as you were forced to turn around and face your fiancé.

"I've missed you," Kai smirked before harshly pulling you towards him. Your head hit his chest, and he wrapped his arms around you, causing you to drop the cocktail glass. Immediately, you could smell the stench of alcohol on his body, and you knew he'd been drinking recklessly.