17 ೃ⁀➷

seventeen
‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

The sleek black car glided through the city streets, cutting through the darkness like a predator on the prowl. Dabi sat in the back seat, his intense gaze fixed on the passing scenery. His cerulean eyes flickered with a sinister glint, and his hands clenched into fists. He couldn't stand Kai Chisaki, the man he was about to meet. But despite the seething hatred that ran through his veins, he knew that professionalism had to come first.

Finally, the car pulled up in front of the prestigious club, with neon signs and music blasting through the walls. Dabi stepped out, radiating an air of confidence that seemed to repel onlookers. He walked through the entrance, his presence commanding the attention of those around him. Straightening his black suit, he made his way toward the VIP room, where Kai was waiting.

Opening the door, Dabi's eyes locked onto Kai, who sat on a plush leather couch, a smug grin playing at his lips. The room was adorned with lavish decorations, reflecting Kai's opulent taste and desire for power. Dabi's gaze hardened, but he quickly composed himself, maintaining a carefully neutral expression.

"Chisaki," Dabi said, his voice dripping with disdain. "Shall we get down to business?"

Kai's smile faltered ever so slightly before he regained his composure. "Of course," he replied smoothly, gesturing for Dabi to take a seat. "I assume you are here to negotiate the contract between our respective companies?"

Dabi nodded, his eyes never leaving Kai's face. "That's correct. Let's cut to the chase. I despise you, but our companies share a mutual benefit. Let's not waste any more time."

As the negotiations proceeded, tension filled the room, with each word and gesture laden with unspoken messages. Dabi's anger simmered beneath the surface, but he refused to let it consume him. He remained professional, focusing solely on the task at hand.

Finally, the meeting reached its conclusion. Dabi stood up, his gaze boring into Kai's. "We have an agreement," he said curtly. "But let this be clear, Kai. I may be sitting at the same table as you, but I will never be on your side."

Kai's smirk never wavered, but his voice dripped with a venomous undertone. "Before you leave, Dabi," he said softly, his eyes gleaming with warning. "You should remember not to touch what isn't yours."

Dabi's eyes narrowed, a flicker of rage breaking through his controlled facade. He knew exactly what Kai was referring to and boy did it anger him. "Don't worry, Chisaki," he sneered back, his voice laced with a dangerous edge. "It was mine from the start."

With those final words, Dabi turned on his heel and strode out of the VIP room, leaving Kai behind. A lingering sense of animosity was hanging in the air. The car awaited him outside, its engine rumbling with the promise of escape. As Dabi settled into the back seat, he couldn't help but feel a small victory in standing his ground against a man he detested.

There's nothing wrong with taking back what was mine from the start, Dabi thought to himself as he allowed himself to distract his mind with the thought of you.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

You stepped into the bakery, a welcoming wave of freshly baked bread and sweet pastries enveloping your senses. The familiar scent brought a comforting smile to your face as you prepared for another day of work. Pushing open the glass door, you were immediately greeted by Hinata, your cheerful coworker, who was standing behind the counter.

"Hey, Y/N!" Hinata called out, a twinkle of surprise in her eyes. "You're here early today!" You were completely taken aback for a moment, as you and Hinata don't usually work the same shifts.