21 ೃ⁀➷

twenty one
‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

You were terrified as you made your way back to your workplace. Even though Kai was your fiancé, you were afraid of him. As a matter of fact, you didn't even want to be with him, as you didn't even know much about the man. All you knew was that his family was quite prestigious and had the power to do as they pleased. With that being said, the thought of having him see you with Dabi made you even more terrified.

Instinctively, you grabbed your phone to contact Dabi but abruptly stopped when you remembered that you were in no position to do so. He had made it clear to you that he wanted nothing to do with you. Moreover, he was probably busy with that woman you encountered this morning. It didn't matter who she was. It was the way he was so comfortable with her in his home. Or at least, that's what it seemed like to you.

A frown tugged at the corners of your lips as your chest tightened at the thought of seeing him with her. You felt like a fool, having him play you like a fool as you craved for his attention.

With a sigh, you entered the bakery shop as the glass door closed behind you. The day barely started, and you were already going through so much, and it was tearing your brain apart. It was as if breaking your heart wasn't enough, and God decided to taunt you with your nightmare.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Hinata asked, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"Huh?" You looked up and saw your coworker with a worried expression. "Oh, I'm fine, Hinata. Just a little tired, that's all," you awkwardly said, forcing a smile with the hope that your face wouldn't betray you. Though Hinata didn't seem convinced by your answer, she decided to respect your response and didn't press further.

For the rest of the day, you tried distracting your mind by handling most of the customers, but the thought of Dabi and Kai was overcrowding your mind. For the first time ever, you were wishing that work would go by faster, as you just wanted to lay in bed and take a breather.

Eventually, the afternoon rolled by, and the bakery was able to sell out most of its items. You were cleaning up the bakery a little when your coworker started a conversation with you, distracting you from your mind once more.

"Oh, Y/N, I completely forgot to tell you, but your man came by earlier, asking for you," Hinata mentioned, turning her head towards you as she stopped cleaning the counter.

You knew Dabi, and you knew that he'd drop by sooner or later. What you didn't expect was him coming by earlier, when you weren't present. Your mind couldn't help but race as it filled with questions, wondering what he'd say if you were there earlier.

"What did he want?" You asked, trying to maintain your composure.

Hinata shrugged, unaware of the turmoil within you, as she answered. "Just said he needed to talk to you, but we couldn't tell him about your whereabouts. He did seem a bit desperate, though."

Desperation. The word echoed in your mind as you recalled the way he made you feel during the past few days. The way he ignored you after sleeping with you in your comfort place. It made no sense to you at all. You couldn't understand how he had the heart to sleep with you and then stopped replying to you. Not to mention, he even stopped showing up at your workplace like he usually did. Was he that busy? Or was this all he wanted all along? A night with you before ending everything without a word.

Then, the events of this morning crossed your mind. You couldn't shake off the pain you felt every time you thought about it. You couldn't believe the audacity he had to sleep with you, only for you to find another woman in his home. Was she the reason he stopped talking to you all of a sudden? Why was there another female in his home, especially when he was in the shower?