6 ೃ⁀➷

six
‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

It's been days since you've last seen Dabi around your apartment building, but that didn't mean he wouldn't show up regularly to your job. He would always show up and buy more than enough pastry that he could consume. You would always wonder what he did with it because, every day, he would come back for more.

Despite not seeing him around the apartment, he always managed to leave you in a blushing mess whenever he came by the shop. You'd be lying if you said you didn't enjoy his company at work. In fact, that's the only thing you look forward to now that you've grown attached to him.

You found yourself longing to see him, which made you glad as you thought you were moving on. However, you couldn't help but feel as though you were only looking forward to those eyes of his. Now, you were feeling guilty. Did you start falling for him because he looked like the man you lost in that fire? Or were you in love with the way he was?

You only felt more guilt when you realized no one had ever made you feel the way Dabi did before. The difference as to why was enough for you to doubt your feelings for him. The answer lay in those eyes, which you could stare into all day long.

"I guess Pretty Boy isn't dropping by today." Your manager teased you as she was cleaning up the shop.

"And? It's not like I was looking forward to seeing him." You commented as you focused on wiping the tables clean.

That was a lie, and you knew it. You were actually upset that he didn't show up and have the usual conversation that brightens up your day. But it wasn't his fault. It was yours. You knew that expecting him would only make it worse, but you couldn't help it when he's been doing that constantly. Now you're expecting him like a fool.

Despite the fact that his presence was now an important part of your day, a part of you wasn't upset or sad. It would be best for him to stay away, at least until you figure out your true feelings for the man.

"I'm heading home now. See you tomorrow." You waved at your manager before heading out the door.

You were walking down the streets filled with streetlights, which were your only source of light as the sun had already set. The crowd of people lessened as most had already made it home, and you were one of the few making your way home at this hour.

BEEEEP BEEEP

The sudden sound of the car honking caused you to flinch. Almost, falling onto the ground but you didn't. After, mumbling a few curse words you continued to walk away.

𝘚𝘵𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘥, 𝘥𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘬 𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴.

BEEEEP BEEEP

The sound of the car honking made you flinch again as you turned your head towards the car, glaring at it. However, your eyes softened when you saw the man you'd looked forward to seeing.

BEEEEP BEEEP

The car's honking snapped you out of your thoughts as your face covered itself in shades of red. Was this his way of getting your attention? On this street that isn't even close to being empty?

"Hurry!" You heard him call out to you, followed by a few more honks.

𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘯. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨.