15 ೃ⁀➷

fifteen
‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

"There's a man out there saying he wants to see you, but I told him to wait outside the shop," your manager said when she busted into the back room of the shop. "If you don't know him, I'll lock up the shop and call the cops on him," she added as you shook your head at her.

"Don't worry, he texted me an hour ago that he was coming here to see me. I didn't see it until now; that's all," you assured her with a smile.

"Are you sure?"

"Trust me," you said, flashing her a smile before grabbing your tote bag and slinging it over your shoulder.

Walking out of the shop, you were immediately greeted with a fresh gust of air as your hair flowed all over the place. It was windy, which reminded you that autumn would be here soon.

"Long time, no see," a voice said.

Looking at the source of the voice, a smile broke out from your face as you greeted him back, "It's been a while."

"I'm sorry, I couldn't visit you first thing when I landed. I had to take care of some business," the man explained, but you were quick to shake your head.

"It's fine, Kiego. I'm not upset," you smiled.

"If you say so," Kiego smiled before adding, "let me walk you home. It's been a while, so let's catch up."

On your way home, the conversation was light, and for a moment, it was a good distraction from what's been happening in your life. Thanks to him, you were able to forget how awful your life has been getting, but not for long, as the subject eventually revealed itself.

"I saw the news earlier today and just wanted to say congratulations," Kiego mentioned as he playfully nudged your arm. "I guess I missed my chance at making you mine," he joked, and it would've lightened up the atmosphere, but it didn't.

"Thanks, I guess..." you murmured, frowning as the thought of seeing your parents in a few weeks made you anxious.

"You don't sound happy; what's wrong?"

"It's just... I would've been happy, but he isn't the one I want to marry," you explained, frowning as your eyes made contact with the concrete beneath your feet.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Kiego's eyes softened as he turned to look at you. He knew exactly how you felt, as he was a victim as well. Being the son of a huge business meant his parents had his life laid out for him.

He had no say in who he wanted to marry or what he wanted to do. With his parents obsession over his life, they forced him to marry a woman of their choosing. Their reason was that they desperately wanted another heir to their company.

If that wasn't enough, his parents had forced him to get a divorce right after his ex-wife had given birth. It seemed like his parents didn't care about him or what happened to him as long as the next heir after him was certain and alive.

Without much thinking, Kiego stopped walking as he pulled you into a hug. It was the only thing he could offer you, knowing that he was in no position to stop your parents. For that reason, he hated the fact that he had been born into a wealthy family.

If he had been born into a regular family, he wouldn't hesitate to take you under his arm and protect you from your evil parents. But he was unfortunately born into a wealthy family that had a say in everything.

"Thanks, I really needed that hug." You slightly smiled as you parted from him, tears threatening to fall.

Once you've reached your apartment, you quickly bid farewell to Kiego, but it didn't go without him saying, "Call me if you need anything, alright?"