10 ೃ⁀➷

ten
‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

"How long do you plan on staying here?" Dabi asked, taking a seat next to you on the bench and leaving a space in between the two of you.

"I'm not sure." You answered truthfully, looking conflicted as you stared into the never-ending sea ahead of you.

"Do you not work tomorrow?"

"I don't work on weekends unless I take my coworker's shift for the weekend."

"Can you save some weekends for me then?"

Though you didn't know if he was serious or not, you took it as a joke and chuckled. "Sure, I'll reserve them for you." You chucked, covering your mouth with your hand.

The silence soon returned as you both sat there, admiring the sea, trying to restrain the feelings you held for one another. The only sound was the sound of the waves crashing and the wind blowing through the air.

Your heart is breaking more and more with each passing moment with him. Should this be the last time you see him again? Or should you continue to watch him from afar? Neither choice seemed to make you feel better, but you had to choose. You didn't want to lead him on, knowing you wouldn't be his in the end.

That was when an idea came to mind. It was selfish, but you hoped it would be worth it in the end.

"Dabi," you softly called out to him as you turned to look at him. "I have a favor." You added, causing him to look to you.

"What is it?" He asked, looking at you with those eyes you fell in love with. The way he looked at you made it harder for you to say what you wanted to say.

"Nothing; I just think we should hold back. I'm getting tired." You lied, faking a yawn as you covered your mouth.

"Sure, I can get us a hotel." He took out his phone.

"No, I mean like—" You were flustered, blushing at the thought of sleeping in the same room with the opposite gender.

"You wanted to runaway from that place, right?" He cut you off and asked, looking up from his phone.

You nodded slowly, not knowing what to say or do. This was what you wanted, but you didn't expect it to turn out like this.

"This is how I usually do it, so I guess you are stuck with me until Sunday." He mentioned before turning his attention to his phone.

"But—"

"Trust me. Just forget about everything and relax."

𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘰 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦?

You wanted to ask if he did this with everyone he met. Or if you were the first one he brought here. But who are you to question his actions? Both of you were just great neighbors who looked out for one another, right?

After a while, the both of you ended up at a ryokan in the middle of nowhere. Surrounded by nothing but towering trees and greenery, you were suspicious of the place.

Dabi walked a few steps until he noticed how quiet it was behind him. He turned around and noticed you standing still next to the car. A small chuckle came out of him before he headed towards you.

"Are you scared?" He asked, but you didn't answer.

"I know the owner of this ryokan. He can be trusted." He smiled to assure you as he held out his hand to you. "Do you trust me?" He raised a brow.

You grabbed his hand without hesitation and felt warmth the moment his hand wrapped around yours. You followed behind him, blushing at the thought of holding his hand again.

You both entered the ryokan and were immediately greeted by a young man dressed in a simple yellow kimono. His hair was short and reminded you of hazelnuts. Despite his eyes being gray, they were kind and gentle.

"I already have your room ready for you, Dabi-san."

The young man led you both to your room and opened the door for the both of you before leaving.

Your face reddened at the thought of sharing a room with Dabi as you began to play with your fingers.

"If you aren't comfortable, I can sleep in the car tonight." He mentioned, but for some reason you were quick to say, "No, it's fine."

Immediately, your face turned a brighter red as you bit your bottom lip. "I mean, we can sleep in the same room. I'll..." you paused as you scanned the room until your eyes landed on the folding room divider.

"We can use that for extra privacy." You pointed at it.

That night, you were lying down on the mattress that Dabi had fixed for you. Though it was pretty late, you couldn't sleep as you shifted and turned around. Your mind was filled with your parents selfish act, and you couldn't help but become livid at the thought of it.

"Y/N," Dabi gently called out to your name, causing you to pause your thoughts.

You didn't know if it was the way he said your name or the way his voice sounded. He sounded gentle and alluring. The way your name rolled out of his mouth was so soothing.

"Yes?"

"Are you well?"

"O-of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"You kept moving around, so I wanted to confirm if you were well and comfortable."

"I'm fine." You lied.

Dabi knew you weren't fine. He knew you weren't fine from the moment you left the party, but he stopped himself. He wanted you to go to him willingly. He didn't want to force you into anything.

"Alright. Goodnight then." Dabi softly said.

That night, Dabi barely slept as he stayed awake to make sure you were comfortable and sleeping well. His mind was filled with thoughts of you and what could've bothered you so much. He felt useless for not being able to help you.

𝘐𝘧 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦, 𝘠/𝘕.

‧₊˚✩彡𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟‧₊˚✩彡๋ ࣭ ⭑๋ ࣭ ⭑
⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙
....
⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙