8 ೃ⁀➷

eight
‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

"As you all know, we have invented a new invention that is yet to be announced. However, that isn't why we are here. The reason why I have gathered you all is to celebrate the engagement between my son Kai Chisaki and Y/N Okuta."

Your brain couldn't process anything he just said at all. It all sounded like a joke. A terrible one at that. You didn't know what to do or say. All you knew was that you were furious.

You were certain that you had misheard him. You have to. There was no way in hell that your parents would do such a thing without discussing it with you first. Right?

For a moment there, it felt like time had stopped or maybe slowed down a little. As you sat there frozen, your eyes wide open from the sudden news, the crowd cheered. Everything was moving in slow motion; even the sound of laughter was slowed.

It must be a dream. It has to be. Everything is so...

"Darling?"

The sound of your mom calling you snapped you back into reality. Your eyes, which only conveyed love to your parents, were now narrowed as they stared at them. You were furious. You felt betrayed by your own parents. A feeling no child should ever feel from their parents.

"Darling, are you okay? You weren't responding to—"

"Of course I'm not okay. You think I'd be fine hearing that just now? That I'm suddenly engaged to some dude I barely knew about?" You cut your mom off as the anger inside of you explodes. Thankfully, the music was already loud enough to cover your conversation with the guests.

"I didn't even know his name until just now. How do you think I would react? What is wrong with all of you?" You added, glaring at your parents, who were showing a rather guilty face. "What happened to saying I was—ugh, never mind. I need a moment." You excused yourself and left, knowing your parents wouldn't care anyway. At least now you're certain they won't.

You walked and walked until you found a place where you were certain no one would be. A quiet place where you could think and relax without a care in the world. You found yourself on the rooftop of the building, and as expected, no one was present.

You walked over and stood a couple feet away from the edge of the building as you let the wind comfort you. The breeze hit you slightly as you took a deep breath. The view was nothing compared to the one at home, as all you saw was traffic and other buildings blocking the horizon.

"Stupid people." You cursed under your breath as you narrowed your eyes. Holding back your tears, not wanting to ruin your makeup since you had to head back to that party one way or another. If it weren't for the fact that you came here with your parents, you would've run away.

You were livid about the situation. Most importantly, your parents hid this from you. Then the memories of today hit you like a wave. Was this what your parents were arguing about as they tried to be as discreet as possible? You were no longer surprised when you put one and one together.

"It took a while to find you." A voice came behind you, and as it stood next to you, you knew who it was. You didn't have to turn your head as the green tuxedo he wore appeared in your peripheral vision.

Now that you are aware, it was stupid of you to think that matching with him was a coincidence. Not to mention the way he followed you all and sat next to you. Now, you wholeheartedly believe that your parents will never change their ways. Yet there you were, thinking that your parents had changed, which now seems like a stupid idea.