Chapter 10

Rookwood became aware of his mistake rather quickly.

As soon as she landed, she started taking out wizards left and right. She used a mix of Unforgivables and her ancient magic. Rookwood stood off to the side, terrified of the monster in front of him.

When her attention landed on him, he tried to flee. She caught him with a swift crucio to the chest, infused with her ancient magic. As he lay panting on the ground, something clicked in her head.

"Children should be seen and not heard."

Rosalind remembered the quote. Sebastian said that is what Anne heard the night she was cursed. The magic flared even higher than Rosalind thought possible.

This bastard was who curse Anne. Who destroyed the Sallow family. Who indirectly caused so many things to destroy her. She continued to hit him with crucio, screaming at him the whole time.

"How could you! She was a child! How do I get rid of the curse!" Even in his painful state, he managed to laugh.

"You can't. No one can reverse the curse I put on her. Not even you and your silly little magic," he spat out along with blood.

She kicked that stupid top hat off his head and stuck her wand to his throat. He at least had the decency to look scared.

She noticed he was attempting to raise his wand behind her, as if she couldn't sense it. Before he could even mutter out a word, she muttered a curse of her own.

"AVADA KEDAVRA"

His body slumped over. Rosalind didn't even realize she knew the curse. But it felt so good to use it. No other spell or curse fueled the magic like the Killing curse did.

She looked around for any stragglers, hoping there were some left for her to kill. But sadly, there was not. With a huff she found the nearest floo powder and took herself back to the Map Chamber, surprised to find her father already there.

"Ro? Merlin's beard what happened?" She was confused. She hadn't been injured so what was her father seeing? She looked down, and noticed her clothes were splattered with blood. She looked up to him, to tell him she was alright, when they felt the cavern shake.

She looked up to the portraits, just to notice they were no longer there. Cowards. She shouldn't have expected anything different from them. She ran down the stair way that appeared next to the portraits, her father right behind her.

"Ranrok must've discovered the location! It's right here under Hogwarts. We have to hurry!" Rosalind shouted back to her father as they descended further under the school.

They fought goblins and trolls and wizards. She made sure not to use Unforgivables in front of her father, but she couldn't hide how powerful her magic was. She looked to him, expecting to see disgust or horror on his face.

But all she saw was awe. He was in awe of her. He wasn't disgusted with her as Ominis had been. He was fascinated by the power his little girl held. No matter how powerful of a witch she had become, she was still his little girl.

Rosalind became worried as they were becoming overwhelmed. Not that she couldn't handle it, but she would have to resort to the dark arts to do so. As she get ready to Imperio the nearest troll, wizards started to appear throughout the cave. Weasley, Sharp, Garlick, Ronen, Hecat, hell even students were there. Each one had a student with then helping fight. Garreth, Natty, Poppy, Imelda, Amit. The last two that appeared caught her eye, fighting back to back as if they've done this their whole life. Ominis and Sebastian.

A small part of her cried with joy at seeing them, however that was quickly overrun. She was still mad at them for how they had turned on her. Despite them showing up to help, she couldn't let go of the anger. Before she could think on it more, her father was grabbing her and taking them further down.