Chapter 16

Hi! Just a quick note first, that this story is going to become more mature now that the characters are older. I will put * before and after said scenes so people are able to skip over if they'd like.

Enjoy!!

The rest of the wedding went by in a blur. Coworkers of Anne and Ominis's continued to congratulate the happy couple. The night was full of food and wine and merriment all around.

Lots of old friends from Hogwarts had traveled back to Scotland for the wedding. They were in a city a bit far from their home, so most were staying at the inn where the wedding took place.

Despite the all the dancing, alcohol, and amusement that surrounded that night, Sebastian could only think of one thing.

Her.

He had given up hope long ago that she had made it out that night. If she had, why would she have stayed away from them for so long? He had to imagine if she survived, she would've come back to them.

But if that was the case, who was the mysterious blonde witch at the ceremony? He had casted a pretty powerful shield charm to keep out anyone unwelcome, the press, any Gaunts that might be upset at Ominis, or anyone wanting to attack the multitude of aurors at the wedding.

But that witch had gotten in, and seemingly out, completely undetected. While Sebastian knew he wasn't the most powerful wizard, his protective magic had only grown since his school days, and he had yet to meet someone able to pass through his shields undetected.

He didn't tell the happy couple about it, the last thing he wanted was to ruin their special day. Ever since the two of them became aurors, they did nothing but work, work, work, and he wanted them to be able to enjoy the night without worrying about a mysterious witch showing up at their wedding.

He attempted to forget about it, drinking as much wine as he could, celebrating with his friends. But no matter how much wine or butter beer or firewhiskey he drank, her face was the only thing he could see.

He could've sworn he saw her blonde hair  twirling around the room as people danced, but he knew his mind must've been playing tricks on him again. He was so lost in his head that he jumped when a hand pressed on his back.

"Hello Sebastian, it's been such a long time!" Sebastian turned around, half expecting to see a grown Rosalind in front of him. But it wasn't, instead it was Adelaide Oakes. She smiled at him, and whatever expression his drunken face made back her seemed to please her.

He hadn't seen her since they graduated Hogwarts. He wasn't entirely sure what she was up to at this point, maybe herbology? Even in a sober state of mind he probably wouldn't stand a chance to remember.

She seemed to be talking to him, so he refocused back to her lips.

"I'm sorry, I missed that, come again?"

She giggled, a hand coming up to his chest playing at the buttons on his shirt. She leaned in close to him, he could smell the firewhiskey on her breath.

"I said, why don't we get away and head upstairs?" Sebastian thought about it, looking over Adelaide's dark blonde hair, down her dark blue dress.

He didn't answer her, he simply grabbed her hand and lead her upstairs. The last thing he really remembered of that night was the concerned look Anne was sending him from across the room.

He woke up with a splitting headache, hand clutching his face. What the hell happened at that wedding for it to hurt this bad?

Then it came back to him. The ceremony. The witch. The whiskey and wine. Adelaide.

Fuck, Adelaide.

He looked next to him on the bed, seeing the blonde hair laid out on the pillow. He internally groaned, leaning back against the headboard. He could see they were still both naked under the sheets.