Chapter 24

"I'm terrified I might never have met me. Oh if my engine works perfect on empty I guess I'll drive." ~ Growing Sideways by Noah Kahan

They continued to lay there and talk more about their lives over the last few years. Well Sebastian did most of the talking. He told her about how after she cured Anne she was able to join them for their last two years at Hogwarts. How Anne and Ominis had ended up together. Their multitude of adventures over the last few years working together at the Ministry. He noticed she'd tense often at the mention of the Ministry but didn't bring it up.

She told him about how she had met Odette all those years ago. She was very sparse on the details. She didn't touch on how she met Julian, but Sebastian wasn't sure if he wanted to know. She continued to lay on his chest, tracing his freckles while he played with her now dried curls.

"So what had you all the way over in America?" he asked her. She sighed, he was unsure what caused such a deep sigh to come from her.

"It's honestly a long story..." It's not that she didn't want him to know what she's been up to during her life. But she didn't want to involve him. If he was aware of all the things she had done, he'd never be able to return to his job at the Ministry.

But then again, she's had him here for awhile now. Maybe it was too late anyway. Before he could question her further, there was a knock on the door, and a pile of folded clothes appeared on the coffee table.

Rosalind groaned as she lifted her body off of Sebastian to walk over. There was a note on top that stated,

"Julian wants to discuss something with you. Figured you'd be needing these

- Dottie"

She chuckled, before she tossed clothes over to Sebastian.

"What's so funny?" She shook her head.

"Nothing, just Dottie being Dottie. Come on, we've got somewhere to be."

"We?" He raised an eyebrow at her. In the almost month he had been there, she had never taken him anywhere that wasn't this room.

"Yes. I... I have a lot to explain to you. So you're coming with me so I can explain but I also have a job to get back to." He noticed the serious expression on her face, so he gave a quick nod before getting dressed in the clothes she gave him.

Once they were both dressed, she grabbed his arm.

"Ready?" Before he finished nodding, he felt himself being apparated away. They landed in what looked like a large study, books and papers spread all throughout the room.

Odette jumped when they appeared, Julian however seemed to be glued to whatever he was reading.

"Damn, boss, have you ever heard of using a door?" Odette flung her hand to her chest dramatically. Rosalind shrugged as she dropped Sebastian's hand.

"I'm lazy. I didn't want to walk." Her face turned hard, looking toward Julian. "What did you find?" Sebastian watched the change on her face, and could almost feel the cold air around her. He looked to Odette confused, who simply shook her head.

"I found a lot actually, thanks to the previous research you had already completed." Julian waved Rosalind over, only looking confused for a second at Sebastian being in the room. Odette led Sebastian to a nearby couch to allow them to listen without interfering.

"So I had looked into your notes on the Wards. I think I figured out why it was so hard for you to find anything on them. At first I could only find what you did, that the Wards consisted of Nicholas and Leonora, and apparently a daughter as well. They appeared to be muggles that lived out in Northern England."