Soothe me.

Adalia

If I could rip out my brain and feed it to Zayn's dog I freaking would. See? Zayn's dog. I can't go a few minutes without thinking of him or associating everything with him.

Last night, when I got that good night text message from him, I squealed so hard that I threw my pillow into the wall. In what world did I, Adalia, get a message that said "Goodnight gorgeous,"

I had been freaking out so much that I didn't even realize I never replied to his text. When I came to, it was already too late and I wondered if it would be awkward to reply to him. What do I even say to him? "You too, handsome"?

Ugh. I cringed just thinking about all the cheesy replies that came to my head.

"I'd say, you look better than yesterday, but that'd be a fat-ass lie," Addy said, walking up to my desk and snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Do I look that bad?" I asked.

"Yea, if you didn't have the face of a goddess, you'd look like a drunk hobo by the side of the street," she chuckled.

"Damn, is it that bad?" I asked, pulling out my phone and opening the camera app to look at myself.

Addy didn't reply to my question and just stared at me. I took it as her way of saying 'See for yourself.'

When I saw my face, I was appalled. There were eye bags lining the bottom of my eyes, and curly strands of my black hair were sticking out of the ponytail I had put it into. I had no idea I looked this bad. Where was my head when I was dressing up this morning? Don't answer that. It was obviously filled with the thoughts of god Zayn.

"Partying last night?" She asked.

"Nope, I just couldn't sleep. My active brain wouldn't give me a break"

No thanks to a certain someone, I thought to myself.

Whenever I tried to sleep yesterday, images of Zayn's smile and his seductive lips would constantly assault me. I just couldn't get him out of my head no matter what I did. And just when I was finally able to fall asleep, I was then abused by erotic dreams of him.

The man was driving me crazy and I had only just met him.

"Anyways!! I met this hot guy yesterday!" Addy yelled excitedly.

I shot her a death glare. "Girl, too loud. Shut up"

She gave me the stink look and said "You're sleep deprived, not hung over. Stop being dramatic"

Sleep was the one thing I couldn't get enough of. If I was sleep deprived, then the whole world had to suffer too.

I rolled my eyes at Addy and schemed through the cluster of emails on my screen. Then I smelled a familiar smell. It was Luke. My senses perked up as I spun my chair around to look at the doors slide open.

I don't know how, but I could always sense when Luke was around, and I could always smell him from a distance. When I complimented his smell to Addy, she just said she could only smell him when he was up close, and his perfume wasn't anything impressive. I just resigned myself to thinking she probably had a nose block or something.

As always, this need to speak to Luke and be in his presence stirred inside me and I sprung up from my chair and walked to him.

"Good morning, Luke," I said, but he just spared me a brief glance, mumbled something, and went to his office.

Okay, that was weird. It feels like he has been pissed off at me lately, and I had no idea why. Maybe he wasn't mad at me, maybe he was just in a foul mood these days.