An Emergency Situation

Adalia

"Grr," Addy snarled, biting her fingernail as she watched the cook conversing with Louis. She had been staring daggers at them throughout the entire game of pool. Now we were done, and she was still staring daggers at them.

"If it bothers you so much, why don't you just forget the bet and go talk to him," I offered, fearing that she may "mistakenly" push that cook into a pot of boiling water with the way she was staring.

"And make a fool of myself?" She scoffed, "No way. It's obvious that he knows I'm interested in him, but the fact he hasn't made an effort to speak to me either says he isn't interested."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," I muttered.

"What?" Addy released her nail and stared at me.

"Nothing." I waved her off.

She gave me a side look before folding her arms and returning her attention to Louis. "He's so good-looking, my lord. Look at those biceps. Even his hair is silky and gorgeous. I just want to run my hand up his chest. I—"

"Addy!" I bonked her head, trying to drive her thoughts back. She was literally salivating.

"What?" She scratched her head. "You act like this with Zayn, and when it's my turn, it's a problem, huh?"

"I don't act like that," I protested.

"Uh, huh" She passed me a skeptical look. "I need some air," she sighs, walking off. Then she pauses and stares at Louis and Sofia. Her brows furrowed, "I must be ovulating. It's the only way to explain all this." She muttered, resuming her steps.

I swear she can be so dramatic when it comes to men.

As Addy stomps off, I see Louis watching her with a barely noticeable smirk, but then it's gone the moment she's out of sight.

Deciding it's better to not get involved with those two, I set out to find Zayn who had left the room earlier for a phone call. I walked past the bar, and the living room but he wasn't there. Just as I was about to continue my search, his voice streamed from the dining room.

I stepped into the dining room to see Zayn still on the phone. He was leaning against the table, his back to me.

"How bad is the damage?" I heard Zayn ask whoever was on the other end of the phone.

Whatever the person's answer to that question was, it mustn't have been good because Zayn's shoulder tensed, and his biceps flexed, protruding veins. He was angry, and somehow it was like I could feel it.

"Casualties?" Zayn asked, his tone weighty.

After the person answers, Zayn inhales deeply and then exhales. He was quiet and unmoving, the phone still pressed to his ear.

I wonder what they could be discussing.

"Zayn?" I whispered, sliding my hand across his back, careful not to disrupt his call.

I felt his tense muscles relax as he turned around. He wrapped his free arm around my waist, and then with little effort, he lifted me and placed me on top of the dining table. My legs voluntarily parted as he pressed himself in between.

"What did the Asher family say?" Zayn asked on the phone.

"Are you okay?" I mouthed to him as he listened on the phone.

He smiled and pressed his thumb to my lips, swiping it gently. Then he pressed his forehead to mine and inhaled deeply. "For now just focus on securing the boundary. I'll update you with further instructions."