Mysterious Scent

Adalia

"How did I not even realize that I didn't bring any clothes with me until just a few moments ago?" I muttered while adjusting the big shorts I was wearing.

It was only after I showered that I realized I didn't bring any clothes. I should have noticed when I was brushing my teeth with a  brand new toothbrush that wasn't mine or when I was using a body wash that wasn't mine either. Zayn's incessant touching and groping made it difficult for me to think.

Now here I was in the living room, looking crazy.

"You still look sexy," Zayn said, burying his nose in my hair.

He calls wearing an oversized shirt and big-ass shorts sexy? If the word sexy should go with anyone here, it should be him. He was wearing a plain shirt and joggers but still managed to look hot as hell.

A yawn came from the top of the stairs, seizing my attention. I looked up to see Elio and Donna coming down the stairs, Donna being carried bridal style.

Seriously, even her pajamas look stylish. It was a blue floral tank top and shorts set with a ruffle hem, topped with a fuzzy blue Sherpa.

"Oh, you guys are up," she waves lazily, "Man, there was this crazy noise going on this morning. It sounded like Addison making a racket."

"Addy? Not surprising. She's an early bird, but I didn't hear any noises."

"She was walking all over the house, opening and closing doors as she pleased," Elio said, letting Donna down as they got to the bottom of the stairs.

"I don't mind her looking around, but the noise was just—" Donna started to say before she froze, and so did Elio.

In a blink of an eye, I was pulled away from Zayn by Donna, while Elio pulled Zayn back from me.

"Your eyes, man, your eyes," I heard Elio whisper while trying to cover Zayn's eyes with his palm.

"So—so how was your night, Adalia!" Donna nervously waved her hands in front of me as if to pull my attention.

I stared at them, confused. "Uh, it was okay..." I answered, trying to grasp what was going on. "What are you guys doing?" I turned back to Zayn.

"Nothing, nothing," Elio waved me off with his free hand, his other hand still covering Zayn's eyes.

Zayn peeled Elio's hands from his face with ease. "Relax, guys, she's seen my eyes." He sighed.

"Right, she's seen your—huh?!" Donna asked perplexed.

"Yeah, if you're acting like this because of his golden eyes, then I've already seen it," I said, taking in their stunned faces.

"So you know?" Elio asked.

"No, she doesn't," Zayn answered freeing himself from Elio and walking up to me. "She just knows that my eyes are...well abnormal, but she doesn't know why."

"Huh," Elio commented with awe. "Well, that's progress."

So they know about his eyes? Of course, they know.

I know I said he could tell me when he was ready, but I couldn't help feeling left out and dejected that I was the only one who didn't know what was going on.

"Also, you guys suck at hiding things. You only ended up making it more obvious," Zayn tsked walking up to me. He wrapped an arm around my waist and led me to the dining table.

My mouth watered at the sight in front of me, and all muggy thoughts were gone.

Various plates of food occupied the table--pancakes, waffles, eggs, croissants, bagels, and pastries.