My sweet Erasthai

Zayn

My lovely Erasthai was fidgeting in her chair, she was clearly nervous and bothered by my presence. She'd take a glance at me and when I looked back at her, she'd quickly avert her gaze. Sometimes she'd pretend she was playing with Hydra in the backseat, just so she could avoid my gaze.

The way she squeezed and puckered her lips when she was shy, had me gripping the steering wheels harder.

I still can't believe that I found her, that she was sitting right here, next to me, in my car.

I was only in this country in the first place for that Alpha mutt, Luke's coronation.

I was bored out of my mind and fed up with the women constantly throwing themselves at me, so I got up to go for a run and let my beast out. As I was in the forest, I noticed the smell of rogues in the air.

I wasn't interested in them or what they were doing, after all the wood-creek pack was pretty close to an area highly populated by rogues.

However, as soon as I fazed into my lycan, I heard a loud crash. The smell of engine oil and gas, along with the smell of rogues told me that the rogues had no doubt caused trouble again.

Deciding to go check it out, I turned to head in that direction. And there I smelt her tranquil and radiant smell, it was mixed with blood, and that drove my Lycan crazy. What's, even more, was that the rogues were roughly tugging her out of the car. Some of them were in human form and the rest in wolf form.

They had the guts to lick her, to place their filthy tongue on what's mine.

I gripped the steering wheels tighter at the recollection of what had happened. Maybe I should have given them a slow death, instead of the fast one I mercifully granted them.

My darling shifted uncontrollably in her seat, tugging at her turtle neck shirt. It was then I noticed my anger was probably affecting her through the mate bond.

She looks tired and more exhausted today. It must be because I wasn't with her for the entirety of last night. When Lycans meet their mates, the mating process is immediately triggered - not to mention, I already staked my claim on her. So being deprived of my touch must be physically and mentally taxing on her even if she doesn't know it.

I raised my hands to smooth her glorious curls, and she hummed. She was craving my touch and I'll give it all to her in due time. But for now, I had to take it slow. I have to slowly bring her into my world.

Nevertheless, it seems like she also had an abnormally high sensitivity to our bond, especially as a human. The night I met her, I had slept next to her the entire night and when I woke up, all her injuries were pretty much healed. It seemed like she unconsciously healed herself through the mating bond, it was really surprising.

In addition, she didn't scream at my Lycan form when she saw me. She didn't even seem afraid.

Love and adoration were filling my heart at the thought, but I know not to stretch it. She may have just been in a daze from the accident.

Suddenly she jerked back from me as if she caught a hold of herself.

"Ahem." She cleared her throat. "Zayn...uh" she started but stumbled on her words as if she wanted to clear the silence but didn't know what to say.

I was contemplating helping her out, but instead, my beast instinct kicked in, and I settled for teasing her.

"Hm? What is it? I'm right here mi cielo."  I said.

She squeezed her thighs shut and shifted a couple of times like she was trying to find a comfortable position.

"Mi Cielo? What does that mean?" She said looking at me with her honey-brown eyes.