Men's Talk, Ladies' Night

Warning: This chapter contains talk about blood and a gory scene. Please proceed with caution.

Adalia

I stumbled over to the bed and let myself flop like a limp doll. His scent is on the sheets, lingering in every breath I take. He just left and I already miss him.

Groaning, I lay on my back, staring at the gray-painted coffered ceiling. I had a chance to tell him all my concerns, to push for the truth, but I didn't, and I don't know why. Maybe it's because when you push too hard, things break. And I... I don't want us to break.

A jolt coursed through my veins, causing my fingers to tremble. I clenched them and wrapped my hands around myself. That thought had just brought pain, equating millions of tiny knives poking at my heart.

"Wake up, biatch!"  Addy yelled, swinging the door open in full force. She stumbled into the room and struck a stance, her eyes peering down at me. "What are you doing just lying there? You look like you've been mopping, you little moppet."

I noticed the bottle of wine in her hand and frowned, "Christ Addy, you're still drinking?"

Donna walked in from behind Addy and snatched the bottle from her hand. "That may have been my fault." She says, taking a swing from the bottle, "She came into my room while I was unpacking my luggage, and found my stash of liquor."

Addy chuckled, then hiccuped. "It's the only way I could keep that guy's scent, voice, and eyes out of my head. It gets stronger every day and it's killing me."

"What about you?" Donna nudged the bottle at me, "You look like you could also use a drink."

I stared at the red liquid swishing delicately about in the dark bottle. "Sure, I could use it." I smiled, taking the bottle from her. But I didn't drink from it right away, instead, my attention got lost, and I just stared blankly at the bottle.

The bed dipped as both Addy and Donna sat on it. I see Addy's hands grab the neck of the bottle, pulling it from my hands, then taking a full swing from it.

"Alcoholic," I muttered under my breath.

"You know what?! We need a girl's night!" Donna announced, springing up from the bed. "Enough of this gloom. I'll go get Enora and more wines," she says, setting out with purpose.

I sighed before snatching back the bottle from Addy. Without reserve, I downed the red liquid.

Zayn

Another dying scream, another spray of blood, and another thump from a body flopping to the floor. Everything became one giant cacophony as I ripped out the throat of yet another Lycan.

My mind was far removed from this mess of a scene. It was in something more important; Ada was mad at me, that alone was a mess of itself. She had said there's a wall between us. A wall. One that I no doubt created, and I'm so fucking mad at myself for making her feel that way. The agony on her face when she pushed down all her emotions and faked a smile, saying she was okay.

But she wasn't. She isn't.

Growls emanated behind me as a Lycan jumped at me from behind. I spun around catching him by the neck and slamming him to the floor. My claws dug into his fur, past his skin, and into his throat. Constricted of air, he began to flail, his hands making efforts to claw at my face, but too disoriented to aim properly.

I snarled at the beast beneath me. I was in my human form, but he and I were no different. And this beast, this is what Ada would see when I tell her the truth later. And maybe I too would die like this beast. Not by a claw ripping out my throat, but by her rejection ripping out my heart.