The Bet

Adalia

"Forget shopping, we should go clubbing right now," Addy whistled, checking out her back curves in the full-body mirror. They were more than obvious in the red dress she was wearing. There was a wide crisscross cutout, revealing her stomach, and I must say, she looked inviting.

"Zayn would lose his shit when he sees you." Donna snickered at my outfit.

"You think so?" I traced my fingers down the V-neck of my off-shoulder white crop top.

"Do I think so? No, I know so! Especially when he sees that skirt."

I eyed the mid-thigh green flair skirt and smiled. "Good."

"But why are you trying to piss him off?" Donna asked, buttoning up her blazer dress. It covered the cladded the tank top and shorts she wore underneath. With her slick bun, she was eluding a seductive business woman vibe.

I left Donna's question unanswered, choosing to run my hands through my hair with a smile.

"That is one evil smile," Donna emphasized, placing a pair of white sneakers and a pair of white stilettos in front of me, "I think the stilettos look better on you, it'll make your thighs look so killer."

"No, thank you. I'm saving my ankles. I'll take the sneakers, please."

"Your wardrobe is so full of provocative clothes. Does Elio ever say anything about them?" Addy inquired, looking at the pile of clothes we had ran through.

"No, actually," Donna answered, as if the thought never occurred to her. "Possessive as he may be, he always let me do what I want. However, depending on what I wear, he makes sure I'm next to him at all times. But I'd never wear anything disrespectful to our relationship of course."

I smiled at her. They have a mutual agreement without ever voicing it out. It's cute.

"But I can't say the same for you and Zayn," she tapped a makeup brush on my face, "he hasn't marked you after all."

"Marked?"

"Okay! All done. Let's get going," her high-pitched voice drowned out my question.

Before I could ask again, she grabbed me by the shoulder and ushered Addy and me out of the room.

We walked into the living room to find the guys and Enora lounging around. The moment I sauntered in, Zayn's eyes locked on mine. Then they trailed down my body keenly, taking me in. Something sparked in his eyes and I could see the gold threatening to spill over his blues, then they narrowed in anger. "Donna," he grumbled.

"Don't look at me. She chose those clothes herself." Donna shrugged.

He locked eyes with me again, and they were questioning. "Why?" He asked.

I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned my weight on my hips, "If you come here," I paused, lingering on my words. "I'll tell you."

Zayn shot up from the couch without a moment's waste and made his way to me. He wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me flush against him.

"Why?" He asks again.

"Why what?"

"Why are you wearing such an exposing outfit?"

"Because I can, and It's revenge for this morning at the breakfast table."

He rested his forehead against mine and groaned, "Baby this is too harsh a revenge."

"Karma has to come back in some type of way," I laugh.

"Fine. I'll let you have this one. But just know that if I smell another man on you, I'll be even scarier than karma."