Your Touch; My Drug

Adalia

It has been two weeks? No, maybe three weeks since Zayn has been coming to this office. I lost count of the exact amount of time because he's here literally every day and his presence makes me lose track of time.

To top it off, he seems to be the only client I have been having lately. My other clients have been mysteriously canceling, postponing their projects, or coming up with crazy excuses to cancel their entire remaining appointments.

Take Mr. Oscar for example. The man never misses out on an appointment with me and would even show up five to ten minutes early every time. He would always make a pass at me, and invite me to his home. I would subtly try to avoid his invites and flirts every time, but sometimes it becomes too much. For instance, he would pretend that he was laughing too hard and grab my shoulders to steady himself. Sometimes it was my arm or my bra straps. I complained about this to Luke, and he said he'd have a word with him, but who knows where that talk ended.

Anyways, such a man that would do anything to see me suddenly stopped coming. His assistant said he was 'mauled by an animal in his car, on his way home.' How does that even happen?

Do I feel bad for Mr. Oscar and wish he was alright? Fuck no. However, it was strange that some of my other clients had met the same fate. It was almost like a god or deity was suddenly looking out for me. But I wish they didn't cut off ALL my clients. I wasn't strapped for money or anything, since Zayn's project seems to be doing me well. However, I loved my job and liked to experiment with different projects.

What's more, it seems like Zayn makes it a point to come in thirty minutes as soon as my shift begins and stay to the very end. He was everywhere, in my head, in my dreams, and in my workplace. I needed to dilute his existence with someone or something else. But I never get the chance to do so, because I couldn't pick up any other client.

Yesterday, a walk-in client came as soon as we opened, Addy was going to take him, but I pleaded with her to let me take it. She agreed, on the condition that I went out clubbing with her when she wants to. I would never opt out of a chance to go out, but sometimes Addy takes me to the most questionable places. There were even times I swore I wasn't going to leave there with my two kidneys intact.

I successfully took the client before Zayn walked in. And true to his routine, the walking sack of hotness sauntered in through the door thirty minutes after I took up the client. One would think the man would find something to busy himself with, or leave and come back in a couple of hours. However if there's one thing I've come to learn about Zayn, it was that he doesn't follow regular logic.

He pulled out a chair and sat merely a few feet from me and the client. The whole time, his eyes were completely fixed on me. If the client made a motion that looked like he was going to touch me, Zayn would shoot a glare in his direction, and his dog that was laying at my feet would snarl at the client. Like owner, like dog. It was like the two were sharing the same brain cell.

If I didn't know better, I'd say Zayn has made a possessive claim on me. Although I know that wasn't possible. There was no way a man like him, who turned the heads of both genders wherever he went and had this commanding air about him, would ever want me.

"Thirty more minutes until Mr. Hot and Sexy walks in here," Linda said excitedly.

Zayn had managed to be the event everyone looked forward to every day. He was like a Netflix series at this point and everyone loved binge-watching him.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he came in right this instant," I said.

"Speaking of which, you've been seeing Zayn for a while now, and it seems the project isn't finished yet. How big is that hotel?" Addy asked walking up to me and Linda.