Go See Him

Adalia

The moment my eyes clashed with Paris's, something in me pulsated. My mood instantly grew sour and I no doubt gave Paris the most disgusted look I could muster.

"Oh, it's you," Paris said, crossing her arms over her chest, mirroring my facial expression.

"Hello Paris," I said, gritting my teeth.

After our lovely dinner with Paris and Luke, I barely saw them at work. Some people said they went on vacation, while some said they may be planning on getting married.

I said I don't give a fuck.

I was happy to not see either Luke or Paris as they both always left a bad taste in my mouth. I didn't know where this sudden hostility was coming from but it was pouring in waves.

Paris was about to speak, but as if she suddenly realized something, she froze and frantically spun around to scan our surroundings. She deeply inhaled, and her eyes grew wider. "Is his majesty— I mean Mr. Warren around here?" Her eyes were erratic as if she was ready to flee if need be. "Wait no, this isn't his scent," she said.

On any other day, I would've been concerned about the look in Paris's eyes. But not today, not right now. Right now, a bout of rage was overcoming me at the thought of her mentioning Zayn's name.

"Why do you care?" I spat.

She just ignored me as her eyes kept darting around until they locked in on something behind me. Something resembling the look of anxiety crossed her face as she took a step back.

Now I was curious.

I turned around to see what she was looking at when a large arm crossed my view and rested on my head. I furrowed my brows at the owner of those arms.

"Ready to go?" Elio asked, propping his elbow on my head like an armrest, while his other hand was occupied with two big bags of Victoria's Secret.

That's just great, they caught up to me. How were they even able to skip that long line and check out so fast?

My question was soon answered when I heard a group of girls at the register squealing "Bye sirs," while wiggling their fingers and gushing over each other. My guess was that they helped them skip the line and gave them some sort of VIP checkout.

"Okay Adalia, we're ready. Where to next?" Nikol said, languidly walking out of the store with both hands in his front pockets. His exposed chest flexes with his movements.

"What do you mean where to next? Why are you guys still following me?" I glared at all three of them.

"We just want to get to know you better," he lazily shrugged his shoulders.

I was about to retort when I heard Paris's squeaky voice interjected. "Um, hello! My goodness I didn't think I'd run into his majesty's top aides." She squirmed nervously.

The smile on the threes' faces dropped as they all glanced at Paris as if taking note of her presence for the first time.

"Who's this mutt?" Elio snarled.

Mutt?!

I had to throw my hands over my mouth to stop my laughter from bubbling out. It's weird how they always refer to Paris in a dog's name.

"She looks familiar," Nikol cocked his head, "hmm...but then again maybe not. I don't remember."

"Aha! She's Luke's little girl thing. I mean mate." Lowell chimed in.

Luke? So they all know each other?

I turned back to Paris to see her bowing her head to them, her body stiff in a distraught posture. What the hell is happening?