MINE

Adalia

I giggle as I watched the wavy strand of hair bounce off my fingers before picking another one up again.

It was morning, and Zayn was currently still asleep, so I was using the opportunity to explore his face. He looks so at ease, so deep in sleep. His breathing is light, a stark contrast to the heavy fevered one of yesterday.

His eye bags have also vanished. That's good.

I let my eyes roam over him, taking in his broad back, his taunt muscles that flex at the rise or fall of his chest, and his firm skin. My fingers glided from his hair to his face, tracing his bottom lids before falling to the curve of his nose, and then to his lips.

Pulling on his lips, I feel the softness beneath my thumb. He said I was his first kiss, and I still find that insane. Insane that no woman has ever had the pleasure of tasting his lips. Insane that he has entangled with several women but never thought to kiss them. And, insane that nothing about the way he kissed me suggested that it was his first time.

It still makes me feel over the edge just thinking about it.

More than that, I can't believe what happened yesterday! It was like I was possessed by some sort of sex spirit. Looking at Zayn and hearing the rasping voice he spoke with got me turned on to a whole other level.

I wonder. Did he make other women feel just as crazy?
A pang shot through my heart at that thought and I gritted my teeth.

"What has you so jealous this morning?" Zayn's husky voice pulled me out of my haze.

"You're awake," I say, watching him lazily nibble my finger.

Wait, how did he know I was jealous?

"And so are you." He chuckled.

Then he opened his eyes, and my breath hitched.

Now that I was wide awake, without the influence of lust or sexual intensity to cloud my brain. I could see it clearly. I can notice it plain as day.

"What is it?" Zayn smiled. "You keep staring at me like it's your first time seeing me."

"I..." I let my mouth hang open before closing it. Should I ask about it? Right now I feel like I'm holding the lid of a Pandora's box. My instincts are telling me not to open it, but it's something I have to do. I feel like I should open it.

I sucked in a breath and willed my lips to move. "Zayn," I say quietly.

"Yes, gorgeous?" He answered without a moment's waste.

"The day we first met at the office, have we...met before that?"

I could see something stir in his eyes, like a torrential wave. It was there one moment, then gone the next.

His dark brows rose in half scrutiny, half amusement. "And why do you ask that?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat, still entranced by what I was seeing. "I know I'm not crazy. I mean I really am not crazy right?"

His brows shot up further. "To me, you aren't the least bit crazy, but why would you think you're crazy?"

I rested my palm against his cheeks. "Your eyes..." I started hesitantly, "They tend to change color now and then. Pure electric blue, to electric blue with golden hues on them. Then, ever so often, those golden hues become more prominent and turn into gold freckles. Eventually, these freckles overshadow your blues, turning them into a radiant gold..." my voice wavered and it dropped to a whisper, "...Just like right now.