Worn out feelings

Adalia

I don't know what it was, but I wasn't too fond of this lady called Juliet. She was too smiley to Zayn, and Zayn was entertaining her. He barely ever speaks to anyone, even at the office. He always just gave them a cold shoulder and a stern look whenever they tried speaking to him.

Juliet had just walked away from us, to go retrieve something and I hadn't realized I was staring daggers in her direction until I caught Zayn's entertained eyes on me. He laughed a little the moment we made eye contact and I blushed. This was extremely embarrassing. He must think I'm weird for acting this way to a woman I just met, but I couldn't help it.

I cleared my throat and stood up hastily. "Um...Im going to check out that section of the store!" I said in a flustered voice and scrambled away.

When I was away from view, I sighed and knocked myself a little on the head. What was wrong with me? I blame it on the bad night's sleep and of course on Zayn.

I flopped on one of the beds there, and the bed bounced a little. Damn, this bed feels really good. It almost makes me want to go to sleep right here and now.

As I was sampling the bed, I felt it dip behind me.

Oh lord.

I didn't have to look behind to know who it was. The electricity in the air was enough to tell me.

"Do you like the bed?" his smoky voice asked.

I gulped and turned around. "Yea, it's really soft..." I started to say but trailed off when I looked into Zayn's heated electric blue eyes. The hazel hue on them seemed to be larger.

I was so lost in his eyes, that I didn't realize he had moved so close to me.

Do you want to test it out?" he asked, trailing his hands down my face.

"Huh?" I asked, feeling spacy from his hands.

I suddenly felt his hand wrap around my waist, and I shuddered. He then buried his nose into my neck and took in a lungful of air and exhaled with a deep rumble vibrating his chest. It felt like the sound was making me feel drowsy.

He pulled me and laid me down on the bed gently. I was a little thrown off. I tried to get up but he just shushed me.

"Shh, relax gorgeous. Go to sleep for me." He said in a mesmerizing way that convinced me to nod my head in agreement.

I had no clue what was happening, my senses were shutting me off as if I was drugged. In any other situation, I would be alarmed. But I was with Zayn, so I felt safe enough to let myself go and fall asleep.

As I was slowly slipping out, I heard a voice that sounded like Juliet's. I couldn't make out what she said, but Zayn responded with "Leave us, Juliet" and the room was once again quiet as I fell asleep.

***

As Zayn dropped me in front of my house and drove off, I stood in my spot for a while, staring at his Bentley until I could no longer see it. I can't believe I fell asleep in a furniture store. When I woke up, it was literally nighttime. I was so embarrassed and shocked when I woke up in Zayn's arms that I wanted a hole to open up and swallow me. What the hell was wrong with me these days?

I fumbled around my bag for my keys, when movements at the corner of my house caught my attention. I froze. Something was by the side of my porch, but I couldn't see clearly under the broken lightbulb. I squinted my eyes to see better, but all I could make out was a shadow. A shadow of a man to be precise. The shadow moved, and I retreated a few steps, my eyes scanning my environment for anything that could serve as a weapon.