Beast At Dawn

Warning: This chapter contains gory scenes and blood spills. Read with caution.

I want to say I enjoyed writing this chapter, and I'm excited I finally got to write it. To me, it's a landmark in this novel and shows how far I've come since I started writing this novel. Anyways, enjoy :)

Adalia

A loud crashing noise jolted me up from my sleep. Instinctively, I reached for the side of the bed, hoping to feel warmth, but found it empty. I scanned the room, but there wasn't any sign of a person. He's not here, though his scent is strong. Which means he was here not too long ago.

What caused that noise? Nothing looks broken here, so it must be from outside.

Another crash and I jumped off the bed in fright. Mixtures of incoherent screams, yelling and....growling, filled the air, sending shivers down my spine.

Animalistic growls mixed with screams? Something was definitely wrong.

Rushing to the window, I pulled the curtains open, hoping to get a glimpse of something. Several people were bolting out of the house, some with ripped clothes barely clinging onto their bodies, and others with...blood.

My heart skipped a beat and I shut the curtains quickly. Something was happening downstairs, but what? So many thoughts swirled in my mind, but my first course of action was to find Zayn and the others. I hope they're alright.

As I jolted about, scouring the room for my phone, nausea hit me like a wave, and I clenched my stomach, backing up to lean against the wall. I knew I shouldn't have drank too much, I felt lightheaded.

Cool air brushed against my skin, and I realized my leggings were gone, only my underwear and Zayn's shirt clothed me. I wasn't even wearing a bra. My eyes traced the mess in the room, bottles of alcohol littered about the floor. I didn't think I drank that much. Maybe everything I saw and heard was just me being drunk. If I close my eyes and relax, maybe I'll sober up.

More ear-curdling screams and crashes jolted me, and I snapped straight up. Nope, this is real, this is so real.

Grabbing my leggings, I pulled them on, slipping my feet into my shoes.

The paranoia in me is saying there's either an escaped lion downstairs ripping everyone to shreds, or there's an armed robbery going on. Or maybe it's an armed robber that has lions for weapons instead of guns. Sounds crazy? Yes, that's how I feel right now.

Hurried footsteps resounded from the hallway, growing closer with speed. Alarms went off in my head, as I quickly searched for a defense weapon. There was nothing in this room light enough for me to carry, but sturdy enough to cause damage, so I reached for the nearest thing. The night lamp. Grabbing it, I darted behind the door, my heart threatening to make a jump before I did.

If it's an animal, then I'm screwed. If it's a person, then their face will kiss this lamp and I won't go down without a fight.

In a matter of seconds, the doorknob rattled and the door pushed open. The moment I saw a head peek in, my hands came swinging in full force. But they didn't make an impact, the person caught it mid-way. I tried to pull back and swing again, but the lamp was stuck. It wasn't budging no matter how much I pulled.

"Why are you trying to kill me with a lamp?"

I paused, recognizing the voice. "Donna!" I hugged her, relief washing over me. "Oh my goodness I thought I'd have to fend off a bunch of men and animals with my scrawny arms." I cried.

Donna patted my back soothingly, "I don't know what the fuck you're talking about, but I'm glad you're okay," she pulled me off her, and the panic I saw in her eyes struck a new nerve. "We have to get out of here," she said, pulling me for the door.