One Of Us

You guys may hate me a little when reading this chapter. Maybe you'll like me back again towards the end. But don't worry, the next 2-3 chapters will make it up to you ;)

Adalia

The closer we were to landing, the quicker my heartbeat got and the sweatier my palms became.

Zayn was here. Finally, seeing him after what felt like forever should make me happy, but my stomach twisted, and my gut threatened to leap out when the jet's wheels glided against the runway.

I was so worked up throughout the entire flight that I didn't realize an hour and a half had gone by. It felt like we were only up there for minutes.

The intercom rang again, and the captain's voice streamed through. "We have now arrived in Toronto, Canada. It was my pleasure to be your pilot. Please have a wonderful stay," she added before clicking the intercom shut.

"Is McKenzie here with the car?" Lowell asked as he got up to stretch.

Elio picked up his phone amidst the pile of cards on the table and stared at the screen before answering, "Yup, right on schedule"

"Good," Nikol added as he too also got up. He gave a glance at the sleeping Addy sprawled out on the couch before looking at me. "Aren't you going to wake your friend up?"

"Don't look at me. You guys were the ones that drank her to sleep."

"Not our fault she sucks at poker," Elio shrugged. He was now gathering up the cards in a neat pile.

"Yeah, like who loses that many times in a row?" Nikol sounded perplexed.

The guys are unbelievable. How did they play poker for an hour and a half straight without getting bored? Thank goodness the plane had wifi so I was able to watch something other than their wine and cards.

Sighing, I stood up and walked up to Addy. One of her legs was draped over the arm of the chair, while the other was tucked under her butt. I was about to shake her awake when a thought occurred to me. I licked my lips, pulled out my phone, and clicked the camera app open.

"Payback is a bitch, Addy," I grinned as I took a picture of her. Then I switched to the side and took another picture, making sure to capture her open mouth. It was when I took my fifth picture of Addy that I noticed a pair of brown eyes staring back at me. Oh shit, she's awake.

She stared at me for a bit, her eyes zeroing in on the camera before widening in realization. "Bitch you did not..." she swiped her hands in an attempt to snatch my phone, but I dodged it.

Giggling, I ignored her and shuffled out of the jet. The moment I was outside, I was forced to stop in my tracks, as I uttered another "What the fuck?"

Addy, coming out from right behind me, also stopped in her tracks as both our jaws fell open.

"Are those mother fucking Rolls Royce Phantoms?!" She whispered-yelled into my ears while gripping my arm in one of her death clutches. She does this when she gets excited.

"Uh-huh," I nodded in awe.

The back seat doors were open, revealing the clean, black, and burgundy interior; black leather seat, burgundy armrest, and door panels. A tall grey-haired man, dressed in a full suit, was standing next to the car, one hand on his chest, and the other behind his back. He presented the image of a butler.

"Hey, McKenzie!"  Lowell exclaimed with a wave of his hands as he exited the plane.

"Hey McKenzie," Nikol drawled seemingly still sullen from his continuous loss at the card game. What a sore loser.