Cry Center

Adalia

I rang the security doorbell bell by the black gate, and pressed my forehead to it,  knowing there was a camera pointing at my face.

"Do you always have to put your five-head on my camera every time you come here? Now I have to take the time to wipe out the grease from the lens," a husky male voice grumbled.

"Oh, shut it. My forehead isn't that big and you know it. As for the grease, well boohoo deal with it," I bit back.

A suppressed chuckle streamed out from the speaker. "What do you want this time?"

"I got rejected...again," I muttered.

The speaker went quiet, and I didn't bother asking if he was still listening because I knew what he must be doing right now.

He's probably putting on his white indoor slides and opening his huge glass doors, stepping down the black marble outdoor steps, walking past his mini lake of a pool, past his gardens, and heading for the black gate.

As if on cue, the gates shook open and a tall figure emerged from it. The moment I raised my head from the doorbell, warm hands enveloped me in a hug, and my face pressed into a grey sweatshirt.

Yup, that's my brother, always there to catch me when I fall.

"So basically you're still single at the age of twenty-four," my brother laughed. 

Uh-huh...always there to catch me when I fall.

In terms of look, my brother was practically the male version of me; oval-shaped face, curly black hair, almond-shaped eyes that held honey-brown pupils. The only difference was that he was blessed with more height and slightly better looks, and since he worked out, his body was pretty toned.

"You get on my nerves Mael," I lamented.

"Oh yeah? What do I do on those nerves of yours? Do I sit on them? Stand on them?" he ruffled my hair.

I couldn't even bring myself to call his jokes lame as I always do. It's actually what I needed to distract me right now, and that's why I came here.

"Come let's go inside," he wrapped his hands around my shoulders and led me through the gates.

"Yeesh what happened to your garden? Your girl stopped tending to it?" I grimaced at the withered garden with rotten fruits and vegetables becoming one with the soil.

"My dear sister, you aren't the only one who got a taste of heartbreak recently," he tapped my shoulder.

I blinked at him. "Uh, yeah anyways, just make sure your pool is ready sometime soon. It won't be long until it's summer."

"Wow, Ada. Here I am comforting you on your heartbreak, and you ignore mine like it's nothing."

"Brother dear brother," I patted his chest "However is that stale heart of yours?" I asked sarcastically.

"Damn sis, no mercy huh," he opened his front door and let me in.

I flopped onto his grey leather couch and kicked my vans onto his grey rug. "Just kidding. So what did you do this time?" I tossed my Sherling denim jacket and black bag on another couch. "Attach your ass on your gaming chair all day? Or worse, occupied all your time with your engineering job?"

"None actually. She just said she met someone she was destined to be with and couldn't resist him. She said she had to go to him no matter what. Blah blah." He masterfully mocked, ruffling his black curly hair, as he stalked toward the kitchen.

"You definitely found a strange one Mael," I called after him, but he just waved me off and disappeared behind the kitchen walls.

I took the time to admire the massive space that was my artwork. That's right, I designed his home for him.