44.- Peace and quiet

On an early morning when the policemammals were able to wake up later, because Bogo, the evening before, had said to take the day off after last day's operation, a possible magnificent day was waiting for them, in which they'd be very calm, relaxed and doing whatever they want. It'd only take one day to regain strength after what happened at the airport.

Vol got up early to make breakfast for everyone, while the hosts slept peacefully. Once he got everything working, he sat down and picked up the phone, starting to type. Maybe a possible Zoogle search or maybe he was looking for a video on ZooTube.

Before long, they both woke up from their slumber, fresh as roses blooming. His body noted a perfect rest day like the one they had, only yawning slightly. The unmistakable aroma of the morning, together with a freshly ground coffee, made its presence in that kitchen in which, generally, you would find a certain blue fox.

As soon as he saw both of them enter, he prepared everything on the tray that they always had at hand and ready to be used, carrying it towards the table.

"This is already common even in long mornings." Nick said, showing off his good humor as he sat down next to Judy.

Vol gave a small laugh. "Maybe a bit, but I must have a reason to be with you in the apartment, right?"

"You didn't have to do anything, we just wanted to help." Judy smiled at the show of appreciation.

"I'd be a rude guest if I didn't help out." The fox showed a smile that would make anyone feel comfortable as he too took a seat. "What are your plans for today?"

"I thought we could go to BunnyBurrow and spend the day there with my family." Judy replied as she took a sip of her coffee.

"I'd love to go, but I have to hurry to make my defense at the trial or I'm going with nothing that would make me win."

Nick waved his paw away, downplaying it. "There's time, don't worry, apart from the fact that you have the help of my friend, the lemming lawyer."

"I insist, Vol, come so you'll meet them all." Judy tried to convince him, even preparing her eyes to go full puppy eyes on him if he still refused.

Vol was overwhelmed by their request and sighed. "Okay, fine, I'll go... I just hope I can do something for my defense when we get back."

"There'll be time, don't worry." Judy stated, winking, seeing that she got away with it.

"I know that you learned that gesture from me. You can say that I'm calmer than you, Carrots." Nick smiled at his partner, with a teasing look.

"Maybe, but I'm smarter, I ended up convincing you to help me." Judy's voice was singsong and she stuck her tongue out at him as she answered.

"Impossible! I was one step ahead of you. Fox instincts." Nick continued with his smile towards Judy while Vol found the scene amusing, unable to stop himself from chuckling at each provocative phrase they said.

As they finished breakfast, they got ready to go visit BunnyBurrow. Nick was already known when Judy decided she wanted to come back for a couple of quiet days, but Vol was, for the moment, a complete stranger to the rabbit's family. A thousand thoughts were going through his mind, since he was clearly different from Nick and he thought that they'd probably have doubts with him because of his differences. What he most wanted to know was how Nick fared that time, but he'd have time on the train to the birth home of his close companion Judy.

They dressed and washed before starting their way to the station. Once they were done, it was time to go. They were walking in the direction of the central station between conversations.