27.- Something new begins

It was the next morning, after having gone through that hard time trying to help Mark, who was taken to the hospital after being shot by someone still not identified. Another mission would be to protect Adrian, but they still had to decipher his whereabouts. Vol didn't sleep very well, although it's true that Judy helped him feel better, it wasn't enough for the blue fox to sleep comfortably and without problems. Following the procedure, Vol got up with some accumulated sleep and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for the three of them, with the surprise that the rabbit and the fox were already doing it for him. When he saw them, he widened his eyes in surprise and just sat down.

"You didn't need to do this for me, I could do it." He showed a smile, without much happiness, very dull.

"We know you didn't have a good day yesterday, so we've decided to make breakfast today." The gentle rabbit smiled warmly.

Vol stood up quickly, paws on the table. "But I have to know how to get over these situations, Judy, if I can't, then I'm not a good policemammal." He sighed deeply.

"You can't help it sometimes, Vol, anyone would be in that situation, so don't worry." Nick smiled slightly. "The fact that you want to get over it shows that you have the will to forget what happened."

Vol lowered his head and sat back down. "You're right, I guess a day at work will keep me distracted. Let's have breakfast and go for it." He smiled a little bit like he normally does.

"Slow down, we haven't made breakfast yet, don't be so impatient." The charismatic fox scoffed at him.

"Don't tell me you don't want to know what awaits us today?" The blue vulpine said with somewhat improved humor and a happier tone.

"Yes, but calm down, you're going too fast." Nick smiled cheekily, his eyes half closed.

As the jokes ended, they arranged for the morning breakfast for the three of them, ready for a long day in which something new would await the officers. Although this time, breakfast wasn't prepared by the blue fox, there was still that essence in the kitchen. The rich smell of minced coffee, together with perfectly made toast, neither too burnt nor undercooked, they were just right, seasoning a suitable breakfast for the start of a great day. They hardly left anything on the plates, they only left toast crumbs. Once they were done, Vol picked up the dishes and washed them as his companions headed off to get ready to go to ZPD. When he finished, the blue fox went to prepare himself as quickly as possible, barely losing any minute. He was ready sooner than his companions expected, causing them to look at Vol in surprise at how quickly he got ready. They were completely ready to go straight to the police station, where something new was waiting, apart from Ryan, well cared for by Clawhauser while the investigation of the minors' case continued.

They entered through the door, with a greeting from the cheetah, who spoke with the kangaroo relaxedly, totally calm. The three approached them.

Vol spoke with a natural smile on his face. "You seem to be getting along very well."

Clawhauser nodded quickly. "Yeah! He has similar likes as I do, he's pretty sensitive too." He smiled with palpable, radiant happiness.

Ryan laughed after seeing the cheetah being that way. "Well, I prefer to always be seen as someone a little bit tougher."

"I think I need to get to know you better, Ryan, I just asked about your past and we could've talked about something more normal and less sad." The blue fox smiled with the same response from the kangaroo.

"Right! We'll find some time for it, I don't want to distract you from work."

Vol made a gesture with his paws that he shouldn't make a big deal out of it. "Don't worry, I can do both things, little one." He smiled again as he thought of everything he had to ask the young marsupial.