29.- Game of feelings

"Actually... I can check if that's true..." Everyone in the room looked at the blue fox in surprise at such a statement.

"How do you plan to do it, Vol?" Even asking, Judy already knew what the blue fox was going to do, she just wanted to keep it hidden from outsiders such as the suspect present.

"I have my methods, Judy." He smiled and winked, understanding the message. "Don't wait for me, I'll see you at the station." Then he got up and left the place. After he left, he went near alleys, looking for Lone to clarify the whole issue in the aforementioned case, discover who was guilty of such kidnapping, the fainting and the disappearance of the panther on the scene. Even feeling that inner rage, he'd have to do his best to find little Adrian. He was walking for a while, searching the darkness to find Lone's help. He turned into the alley where they always met and called him.

"Lone? I need to find the culprit for the kidnapping of the little panther, we caught the supposed culprit but... now I'm not sure he is..." He looked down.

The shadow appeared in front of him with a jump, getting up after having his knee on the ground. "He's a partial culprit... but he wasn't aware of it, at least as far as Sieg and I could see." Vol tilted his head, confused.

"What do you mean? He wasn't the full culprit, he was partial, and he wasn't aware... I don't understand."

"I'll take you back to my base and show you the pictures." After what was said, he put a blindfold on Vol, who didn't resist, since he trusted the wolf that he had in front of him. The fox didn't see anything, but he felt how Lone grabbed him by the waist and carried him without major problems, he felt the wind on his face while the wolf took him to his base. It felt as if he was flying, a unique sensation, indescribable, he felt that he floated, he felt safe, that Lone was someone reliable and that he'd protect him to the end. Throughout the trip he only had one thought in his head, something that made him nervous to think about but that, in turn, made him feel good to think about it, it was an idea that he had in his head but that he never gave it too much importance.

After the trip, they arrived at the base of the wolf, who took off Vol's blindfold to visualize what he saw before: The same place, a bit dark and enough lighting for his work.

"Sieg and I reviewed the video of the place and, sure enough, Charles took the candy and brought it to Adrian, but with complete ignorance of what said product contained."

"I'm not following, Lone," Vol still didn't understand, "you say someone changed the product on the wrapper for a candy with a special chemical?" Lone nodded. "Do you know who it was?"

The wolf shook his head. "Not quite, we need you to access the ZPD base to know the suspect of the change and the suspects of the kidnapping. I can show you the image of the place and the moment, Sieg and I saw it."

Vol walked over to the computer to watch the video. The video showed many different animals walking casually when Adrian appeared. The fox noticed the culprit of the change. Someone in a dark dress appeared, covering his entire head, approaching and seeing that he made a small and quick exchange with the candy, causing it to fall to the ground where Charles Camel then passed.

"Charles is innocent but..." he leaned his head closer to the monitor, "who's that hidden figure? Is there a better shot?"

"We've been looking at different angles and we find little details of the mysterious character in question." He changed the shot and showed another part of the subject, though only by the side, but Vol got the idea. The shot showed a slightly elongated head, it seemed equine, with a physical form that he had never seen before and he wrote down the description.

"Tall... Average body build, a bit stronger... Equine..." He sketched the criminal's profile. "Perfect, I have everything, I'll take it to the ZPD and review the data."