4.- The tests before the verdict

The military vehicle in which Vol was carried finally reached the base to begin the tests. As they arrived, they got out of the vehicle and escorted him to the room, which they closed later, leaving the blue fox alone and with his thoughts.

"So... here I am... Let's see what tests they will do... It can't be worse than in my past..." The fox with strange colors lamented.

After a while, the lieutenant appeared again, with a rather serious and authoritative demeanor, ready for the fox tests.

"So... are you the famous fox that comes from another world?" He crossed his arms.

"Indeed, sir, if I have to get tested, you can start with it." He sighed waiting for an answer.

"You seem very willing... Okay, we will start with something simple such as the lie detector, but as we keep going, some will hurt more than the previous ones. We must do everything possible to demonstrate that you aren't a threat to our city ​​or... world." The colonel scoffed with a smile Nick himself would make.

Vol sighed deeply in frustration to see that he didn't believe him. "Let's start with it already."

The soldiers from before, Zere and Texsly came to place electrodes on Vol for the lie detector. The colonel had a certain Whelsh accent, combined with his Biteish already shown. Regarding the raccoon and the white dog, they seemed to have a Finnish air, by the accent of the first when he spoke and by their clothing, which were different from the colonel but of the rank that corresponded to each of them.

After a few minutes, the electrodes were in place and ready for use in detecting the fox's words.

"Everything is ready, let's get started." The raccoon prepared the interrogation. "Are you telling the truth when you mention that you come from another world?"

"Of course yes." The detector pointed at a green light, indicating that the fox was telling the truth.

"Is it true that you were sucked into a vortex or something like that and ended up here?" He asked as he noted the results.

"Yes, I don't see why I should lie about it." The detector again marked that he was telling the truth.

"Colonel, it seems like he isn't joking or wants to tease us, the detector says he's telling the truth in all his answers." Zere spoke to his colonel behind the glass through which they watched the interrogation.

"Not so fast, Commander Vaaranen, those machines can be easily fooled, this is just a prelude to test if he's collaborative." The wolf still didn't trust him.

Zere turned again to the detector results, trying to find out if there were any abnormalities when detecting what the blue fox was saying.

Texsly moved on to the next question. "Have you ever taken drugs or narcotics?"

"No, never... And I don't even want to try them." The detector red-lit at the dimensional foreigner's lie.

"That's not true, the detector shows that you lie, explain yourself." The raccoon didn't hesitate to extract information from the suspect.

Vol sighed for a moment and confessed it. "Okay, I did take drugs... but I have an explanation: My brothers, as a method of torture, put drugs in my drink. I only realized it later, when I noticed the effects. But I assure you, captain, I didn't take any drugs willingly because I didn't want them."

"We will verify that in another test," he noted the statements of the questioned, "what is your name?"

"My name's Vol Jimenez." He said directly and showed his ID, taking it from his black wallet.

Texsly took it and left to the colonel, giving said ID card to him. "Colonel Harou, at first glance, this fox doesn't seem like a threat."

"Captain Connor, we'll have to verify that in the following tests." The colonel sighed at the situation. "Hire a psychologist for his situation, maybe it can help him a little."

Texsly nodded and made the call to find the psychologist who would help the fox. From his part, Odin went to the room to speak to Vol.

"Perfect, now the next test that will come: Blood test. We will take a blood sample to check your honesty and know about your DNA."

Vol seemed uncomfortable. "Okay, Colonel." He rolled up his sleeve, ready for the needle and the extraction of part of his vitality to make the military believe that he was telling the truth. A male gazelle in a medical gown went into the room, who sat across from Vol, laying the medical bag on the table and opening it. He took out a syringe and put the thin needle to draw the blood. He clearly seems that he had been in the healthcare world for years.

"Ready for the needle? It won't hurt at all." The doctor smiled conciliatorily.

"Fully ready." His mouth formed a half smile as soon as he stated it.

The doctor began to put the knot in Vol's arm so that the veins were swollen and, like that, drawing blood more easily. He cleaned the surface, Vol turned his head, looking out the window before the needle got in. After a few seconds preparing it, the doctor took the thin part of the syringe in the vein of the fox, with a slight gesture of pain from Vol, but holding on. The doctor removed a half-syringe of blood and gently removed the needle, covering the little hole.

"Perfect, thanks for cooperating. Keep the pressure on your arm for some time." The doctor got up and smiled.

Vol smiled back at him. "My pleasure, sir." He nodded.

The fox was left alone again in that room. To tell the truth, he didn't dislike the place he was in, it seemed that it was well designed and he felt immeasurable inner comfort. He was comfortable in that place for some strange reason. The colonel made his entry again.

"Okay, next test: Registration. We're going to check your entire body from top to bottom to see that you're not wearing anything or if you're dangerous." The Scandinavian wolf was always with his hands behind, showing his bearing and imposing.

"How many more tests are there?" Vol asked, a little annoyed.

"Those that we consider appropriate. We must have absolute certainty that you aren't a danger." The tone of his voice was serious, clearly he wanted the fox to know that they needed to check on him as much as possible.

Vol was frustrated to hear it, but he knew the sooner the tests were, the sooner it'd be over. He got up, ready for registration. "I'm ready to be checked."

Different animals in special costumes entered the room to check Vol in privacy, removing his clothing for the registration. What happened inside, only the specialists would know, who closed the curtains so that the fox had privacy.

After some time, Zere appeared with a paper in hand, walking towards his superior.

"Colonel, we have the results of the blood tests." The commander gave the paper to the colonel. Odin widened his eyes in surprise when he saw the test results, expecting something different than what was shown.

"So, that's how it is..." The wolf exclaimed.