13.- An abnormal investigation

The first rays of light appeared through the window at six in the morning, illuminating every nook and cranny of the apartment where the three policemammals were. Surprisingly, Vol wasn't the first to wake up, he stayed on the sofa bed, something that surprised Judy and Nick alike who, in this case, decided to make breakfast for the lazy blue fox. After a couple of minutes, Vol opened his eyes slowly and, surprised, got nervous when he saw the time, starting to shake and looking everywhere quickly, jumping out of bed.

"Oh no! I fell asleep and I have to make breakfast for them! I won't have time..." He lamented, heading to the kitchen with speed, finding both companions inside.

"Don't worry, this time we'll prepare breakfast." Judy smiled at the nervous fox, to which he responded by calming down, sighing and grinning. They made a good morning coffee, an incredible smell to start a new day for Vol at the police department.

"It's about time, sleepyhead, don't slack off at work like you slacked off now after becoming a cop." As usual, Nick made fun of Vol, something the good blue fox was getting used to.

"Maybe I have to save you today, who knows?" He laughed at Nick's joke and responded with a touch of humor.

"We'll see about that." The sly fox's mischievous smile didn't disappear from his mouth.

They took the breakfast between smiles and jokes, ready for the new recruit's great first day and the investigation that awaited the trio of policemen. They started the walk to the ZPD to get to work today.
After arriving at the police station, they went to the assignment of missions to talk to Bogo about what the plan was for the day. The three walked in and Vol decided to put the proofs in front of his new boss.

"Chief Bogo, sir, I found out something about the bank robbery months ago, while I was at the academy. I may have proof that the robbery was orchestrated from within, that someone who works or worked there is connected to those thieves. I've discovered a number of clues that might suggest whoever planned it." The bluish fox showed his data to the buffalo chief.

"Even if you have carried out those proofs, Officer Jimenez, I can't assign an investigation without us having investigated thoroughly." Bogo answered with seriousness but not using a rough voice tone.

"As Jimenez shows the evidence, it seems to make a lot of sense, Chief, we're willing to go with Vol's plan." Judy stepped forward to defend her partner.

"I didn't say such a thing." With a smile, Nick jokingly commented. Actually, Nick did support Vol in the investigation, the evidence was logical, the reasoning wasn't bad at all. It all made sense.

Bogo and Judy continued to argue about the issue until Bogo was defeated, sighing at the impossibility of changing the bunny's mind. "Okay. Hopps, Wilde, Jimenez, take over the investigation. Anything you find, notify me immediately. Got it?" All three nodded. "Well, I have nothing more to say. You're dismissed."

Vol, Judy and Nick left the room and planned what would be the next move they'd make in the investigation of the bank robbery months ago.

"Well, where do we start?" The rabbit stopped and wanted to find some source.

"I have an idea: Judy, check through the bank's cameras and through the workers' files if there was something strange. It's a possibility that whoever did it, has already something on their record and it's still there." Vol proposed his idea.

"Understood, what do you have in mind for you and Nick?"

Vol looked at Nick. "How about we go to the bank exit area to find evidence in addition to asking the workers?"

"Anyone would say you want me for more than just research." Another taunt at his blue partner, followed by a smile, to which Vol blushed without saying a word.