5.- The surprise

"So..." the wolf exclaimed, "he's telling the truth... He comes from another world, the drug test was positive but with remnants of the distant past he had... Everything fits." He pondered, rubbing the lower part of his muzzle, reaching a conclusion "I think there's no point in doing more tests on him."

"It's amazing, no one has ever come from another place that different, much less looking so different." Zere was stunned, with his eyes opened wide.

"It's a strange case, commander, but the tests said the fox told the truth. I suppose it's time to return him to the ZPD."

Zere nodded and returned to his position, in front of the computers to write down what happened at the time and how everything developed. Odin went to the room where Vol was, who was already dressed again and seated, to tell him the news. He entered and stood close to the fox, paws on the table, showing the face of the paper, the one that showed the result.

"Well?" Vol raised his head to the military mammal.

Odin cleared his throat. "The tests say that your version is true and we will send you to the ZPD. Besides, we are going to provide you with a psychologist due to the problems you had and possible difficulties you may have during your stay here. Don't worry, we will find some way to get you back to where you used to live."

After listening carefully to what the wolf told him, Vol felt sad, but managed to hide it. "O-Okay, Colonel. Whatever helps, I'll appreciate it..." Something happened that the fox didn't feel too well after that conversation. He smiled, but without the spirit he used to have.

The blue fox got up and they both shook hands and said goodbye, not before the wolf returned the ID to him. Vol was escorted by a soldier out of the base, where a taxi was waiting for him at the door to take him to the ZPD because he still had to make statements regarding the robbery he was investigating and in which he was caught at a bad time.

"What a situation I'm in with all of this... Now I have to be back to testify..." The sorry strange mammal in Zootopia sighed inside the vehicle. All that he was going through in this moment kept his head engulfed, drowned in negative thoughts. He felt he couldn't fit in. Once again, he felt lost...

After a silent drive, the taxi dropped the fox at the police station door, being escorted by an officer into the room again, but empty at the time. Vol sat waiting for the pair of mammals' interrogation. He returned to that place once more to end the case, since it was clear that he didn't steal anything and that he was only trying to do justice in his own way. He'd have to convince both of them of the situation.

"Weird that no one's here now... Where would Nick and Judy be?" Vol thought, looking at the door, waiting for both to get in, keeping his eyes fixed on the direction they'd appear.

After a few minutes, the ones mentioned entered, with some papers in hand and ready to continue with the questions, trying to find out the motives of their suspect. They came back having a conversation and some laughter from Nick, commenting on some police anecdote. After the conversation, they sat down and took their questioning positions.

"Well, you were going to tell us how you know so much about us. We are all ears." Judy showed her good attitude and a rabbit smile to make the place more comfortable to the guest.

"Especially you, carrots." Nick took advantage and mocked his partner, laughing out loud. Judy nudged him lightly, making Vol smile and laugh. The blue fox made himself comfortable and proceeded to tell the story.

"You see... I was doing a little research on this place when I was in my world and I managed to find details in the library's computers whenever I could. Zootopia always seemed interesting to me. I know it from, precisely, studies that have demonstrated the existence of this place. First, what I knew about this place was by eavesdropping but, after investigating, I found more information. This place looked very peaceful and... a good place to start again." He sighed. "What I didn't know is that I was going to fall into a sort of black hole and appear where I desired to be. It could be my wish to live well and start from scratch. Or it could have been a coincidence." He shrugged.

"Wait a minute, then, did you really want to come to our city and our world? Are we that famous outside of here?" Judy blushed a little embarrassed.

"I'm sorry to say this, but the truth is that they don't know you very much, they knew of the existence of the population in Zootopia, but not specifically. I was able to find something about you after searching and searching and seeing that they had obtained a newspaper sample of this city. Precisely, that cut was your success with a special case, Judy. I saw that Nick helped you with it, that's why I know you both." Vol smiled at both of them.

"Uhm... Wow, I don't know what to say." The rabbit looked aside, still embarrassed.

"Come on, always so brave and without mincing your words and now you struggle with them." Nick scoffed at his partner while Vol smiled and gave a chuckle.

"Oh come on now, Nick, it seems that you like it when I hit you!" The rabbit teased back with a smile, keeping on joking.

"Wow, looks like the two of you have a 'little relationship'." The blue fox got in too in a playful tone, making gestures with his fingers in the last sentence and raising his eyebrows with half closed eyes.

"Strictly professional!" The two reddened when they said the phrase in unison, looking directly to the one that provoked them.

Vol laughed at the scene. "Well, after this good time, what's gonna happen to me?"

"Since there is no incriminating evidence, we'll release you and you can go home, but you will have to make an ID in Zootopia and give us your home and phone number." After a good time with jokes, the gray rabbit spoke, matter-of-factly but softly, to the foreign fox present.

The blue fox seemed uncomfortable, moving a bit on the chair when his head and eyes turned to the side, with some embarrassment showing up. "Well, you know... I..." Both policemammals looked at him.