51.- The evidences of the truth

Everyone present looked surprised at who entered...

He was well known to some, and a complete stranger to others. His name: Lone. He appeared through the door with the officer Nguyen in his paw, gripping the collar of his uniform shirt. The badger was unconscious and had some marks of torture, but nothing serious at first glance.

The wolf looked to his sides and saw how they were preparing to catch him. He didn't make a move, he didn't want to look threatening. He had another plan in mind.

"It's Lone, the criminal with an arrest warrant." Bogo stated. "Arrest him!" As the chief ordered, Delgato and Jackson stepped forward slowly with the gun in their paws.

"He has officer Nguyen in his paw. What does he want?" Judy thought as she saw him enter.

"Wait, please! I'm not here to cause any trouble." He raised his paws, still holding the officer. "I came to see justice done in this room peacefully, by speaking." His serious facial expression was loaded with determination.

"Give me a reason to let you testify in this trial, Mr. Lone." The judge wasn't going to remain impassive in the face of the situation.

"I have proof, your Honor." When Gloria smiled because she thought he'd go against Vol, the wolf threw her hopes overboard. "I can prove that Vol is innocent of the accusations against him." That made the hippopotamus change the angle of his mouth.

Wolov looked at the badger. "You say you're coming peacefully, but that official badger has external injuries and he's passed out. What are you trying to prove?"

Upon looking at Nguyen, the wolf let go of him, letting him fall. "He has vital information for this trial. As soon as he wakes up, he'll declare what he knows." Then he turned his gaze to the judge. "If necessary, you can handcuff me to a chair, I'm not going to fight nor make a fuss."

Nobody understood his intentions, it left everyone confused. Still, Delgato searched on Lone, finding a flash drive and showing it to the judge. The lion's companion helped him and sat the canine on a chair, handcuffing him tightly to the backrest, without opposition from it, and taking him to the front, face to face with Wolov. The strange faces started on everyone present.

"That pendrive... contains more evidence of Vol's innocence. I'll tell you which folder you have to open and whatever you need." Lone stated with absolute seriousness.

The judge nodded. "Alright. If it's true, we'll see the proof of it. Bring me the projector and the laptop."

At the orders of the carcajou, two mammals moved to prepare everything and take it to the judge. While the procedure was being done, Cattyson's indignation appeared.

"Are you seriously going to let a wanted criminal testify, your Honor? He should be judged."

In a bad mood at the comment, the judge stood up. "I won't tolerate such offenses in court. Even the most abhorrent criminal has the right to testify and you should know it, Mr. Cattyson." She sat back down and sighed calmly. "Don't let it happen again."

The feline could do nothing but sit and watch what was happening... at least for now.
Everything necessary for the continuation of the trial arrived. They connected the computer and the screen to project the images. The badger was treated by doctors in the same place until he woke up. They sat him in a chair, but kept him in place, since he was key in the trial. Seeing that everything was fine, they let the judge know so, who gave permission to continue with the trial.

"We continue the case in question after this small incident." Wolov summarized. "Mr. Lone claims to have graphic evidence against Gloria Clinton about her mistreatment of the minor. We'll verify the veracity of it."